HD598 vs the world | Newbie needs help choosing first good headphones
Feb 27, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #31 of 35
Well I'm not a basshead, i just gave few examples of what electro/trance music I listen to :p From Beyer I'm leaning more towards DT880 250Ohm Pro, I've read that they have better mids and highs then 990 but less bass (still more or close to HD598) so they would probably fit me better. Xonar DG is not enough to drive them right?

That's a difficult question to answer. There are people that find the 250 ohm Beyers work fine with the DG. If you are planning on running them very loud, you might want something with more power. That's the hard part because it's difficult to communicate how loud you like to listen for people to tell you.

Have you considered the Soundblaster Z? It's rated for higher impedance and generally considered a better sound card.

Feb 27, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #32 of 35
That's a difficult question to answer. There are people that find the 250 ohm Beyers work fine with the DG. If you are planning on running them very loud, you might want something with more power. That's the hard part because it's difficult to communicate how loud you like to listen for people to tell you.

Have you considered the Soundblaster Z? It's rated for higher impedance and generally considered a better sound card.

Not loud really, I usually listen on 40-50% of volume.

Yes, I'm reading reviews about Sound Blaster Z. If I buy HD598 or AD900x I'll pair them with Xonar DG, DT880/990 250Ohm probably with Sound Blaster Z.

Feb 27, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #33 of 35
Not loud really, I usually listen on 40-50% of volume.

Sorry. That doesn't communicate much. Different electronics have different amounts of power when maxed out. And some electronics reach their max before the max volume threshold (turning up further just causes distortion). And then, of course, different headphones or speakers are more sensitive/less sensitive, so they need less power from the same amp/device.

Feb 27, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #34 of 35
Sorry. That doesn't communicate much. Different electronics have different amounts of power when maxed out. And some electronics reach their max before the max volume threshold (turning up further just causes distortion). And then, of course, different headphones or speakers are more sensitive/less sensitive, so they need less power from the same amp/device.

haha ok I'll just say that I listen on a pretty low volume. I don't think i can describe it better
etysmile.gif

It looks like you know your stuff. For not high volume, vocal/classical/rock/pop/trancelectro songs + movies with no need for isolation + good comfort + balanced and neutral sound what would you pick?
HD598 vs DT880 PRO 250Ohm vs DT990 PRO 250Ohm vs ATX-AD900x

Are you annoyed by me yet?
devil_face.gif
That's how I buy my electronics, months of reading and pissing people off on forums.

Feb 27, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #35 of 35
I'd say give it a shot if you can return the DG if you don't like it.

But I won't be any help on which headphones to get. I like my K612 Pros better than those headphones. But I don't like the Xonar DG with them; I have one on my office computer. They are a bit difficult to drive, but in a different way from the 250 ohm Beyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back