HD598 vs. HD58X
Sep 2, 2018 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

BackBoneCrusher

100+ Head-Fier
Hello guys. I want a good "all-rounder" headphone for music and gaming but it seems that I can't find a comparison between those two headphones

Can someone please tell me the differences between these two headphones ? Soundstage, clarity, bass mid treble etc.

Thank you !

Sep 2, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #2 of 11
I would assume the 150-Ohm HD58X is a little more power demanding, then the 50-Ohm HD598.
What source(s) or DAC/amp will you be plugging the headphones into?

Sep 2, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #4 of 11
Hello guys. I want a good "all-rounder" headphone for music and gaming but it seems that I can't find a comparison between those two headphones
Can someone please tell me the differences between these two headphones ? Sound stage, clarity, bass mid treble etc.
Thank you !
I would expect the HD598 to be better for headphone surround sound, but the HD58X to be better for music.

Sep 2, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #5 of 11
Well my first choice was directed to a sound card but If I can get a get DAC/Amp combo for -200 CAD I'll be happy too
A Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card makes a decent DAC/amp (buy used off eBay, $70 USD).
Which would leave more in your budget for headphones.

Sep 3, 2018 at 12:23 AM Post #7 of 11
I have both headphones and the HD6xx and DT770. I'm selling everything and keeping the HD58x. They are easily one of the best all rounder headphones there is.

Compared to the HD598, the soundstage is a little smaller but the depth is better. Music is more layered and the stereo image is more clear. For gaming this translates to excellent positional audio. Additionally, it has a more even response, it sounds smoother yet more detailed. To top it all off, it has much better bass extension, and it's tight! This really adds to the immersion!

I have been at this hobby for awhile and have owned a ton of headphones, from the Koss porta pros to LCD2 level headphones. The HD58x are the most well rounded headphones I've come across. There are some headphones that do somethings better but lack in other areas. This headphone isn't the best at everything but it isn't lacking anything. Best $150 I have spent in the headphone world to date! Get them!

Sep 3, 2018 at 2:01 AM Post #8 of 11
I have both headphones and the HD6xx and DT770. I'm selling everything and keeping the HD58x. They are easily one of the best all rounder headphones there is.

Compared to the HD598, the soundstage is a little smaller but the depth is better. Music is more layered and the stereo image is more clear. For gaming this translates to excellent positional audio. Additionally, it has a more even response, it sounds smoother yet more detailed. To top it all off, it has much better bass extension, and it's tight! This really adds to the immersion!

I have been at this hobby for awhile and have owned a ton of headphones, from the Koss porta pros to LCD2 level headphones. The HD58x are the most well rounded headphones I've come across. There are some headphones that do somethings better but lack in other areas. This headphone isn't the best at everything but it isn't lacking anything. Best $150 I have spent in the headphone world to date! Get them!

Thank you very much !

Sep 3, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #9 of 11

I entered the drop, I hope they will surprise me !

Sep 3, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #10 of 11
I just ordered the HD58X, will compare it to my other headphones and post back the results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back