HD598 vs grado 225i vs akg q701
May 25, 2013 at 9:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Hifi Man

100+ Head-Fier
I'm seriously considering getting another pair of headphones. The AKG K240 are nice for what they are, but I really want to invest in a pare of headphones I can feel happy with without feeling like I need to try something nicer. 

The specifics about my headphones preferences. I tend to listen to headphones with a braided cord, and I use them out of a portable amplifier (go dap GD-03 and FiiO E11) attached to my iPod Classic. 320 kps MP3. Isolation and leaking is not a concern. My musical preference is a bit varied. I listen from anything from post rock (godspeed you! black emperor), to dream pop, to post punk, to shoegaze, to extreme metal. I want headphones that can handle anything. 

If anyone has any suggestions to make, I would appreciate it. I'm serious about budget. It has to be under 200. I'm also not just making this thread for kicks. I do plan on spending the money.

The alternative option would be to just get grado sr80i but I'm not sure if I'll be satisfied with just that.

May 25, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #3 of 5
Can I get more votes or some reasoning behind why which one would be the best please? Thanks.

May 25, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #4 of 5
I would guess the Senns would be your best bet. Those are probably a "safe" choice in terms of quality and being an all-rounder. I'm a huge Grado fan, but for some reason I'm not sure they'd be your cup of tea...just a hunch. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back