HD598 AND FIIO AMP E17...falling in love again
Apr 5, 2012 at 9:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

baldnslick

New Head-Fier
Well I had the Fiio E11......but the Fiio E17 with my HD598's have released the Bass, properly driving them a low volume setting giving a nice tight rumble which they were not doing before...Quickly I tried the E11 on my Audio Technica ES7's and they prefer the E11 (need to compare more more)

I dont particuary like the lag in the menu settings of the Fiio E17 to get back to the volume, but I am loving this little bit of kit.

HD598's do need amping, the step up to the E17 is exactly what I need....."Falling back in love again for the second time"....yep

Apr 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #2 of 12
I did try HD 598 and Fiio E17 at the shop near my house last week and the result was not as good as I imaged. Certainly Fiio E17 give HD 598 more quality bass, treble but that all. I want a warm sound and a good wider and three dimension soundstage but Fiio E17 could not give me that so I did not buy Fiio E17 but I did buy HD 598.

The mid of HD 598 is very addictive and it is very suitable for my vocal genres such as pop. My next targets are HRT Music Streamer II and Little dot MK III. I want to roll the tubes ho ho.

Welcome to HD 598 owner club, man!

Apr 6, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #3 of 12
Im yet to try the E17 with my 598's. The E7 does a fine job with them, but it leaves me wanting more (from a portable)

Mar 9, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #4 of 12
Well I had the Fiio E11......but the Fiio E17 with my HD598's have released the Bass, properly driving them a low volume setting giving a nice tight rumble which they were not doing before...Quickly I tried the E11 on my Audio Technica ES7's and they prefer the E11 (need to compare more more)

I dont particuary like the lag in the menu settings of the Fiio E17 to get back to the volume, but I am loving this little bit of kit.

HD598's do need amping, the step up to the E17 is exactly what I need....."Falling back in love again for the second time"....yep

Mar 9, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #5 of 12
I have been researching 598's and want to find the best amp/dac for use with my iPhone. I am a runner and need a good headphone to zone out to yet still be able to hear loud noises on the street. Hoping to achieve some better base response in the 598 to make them perfect. Which dac can go well with iPhone while I run?

Jul 10, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #6 of 12
How did they do with the e11? I have the amp from my last cans and ordered the 598's, i do plan on a better amp and getting a dac later though.

Jul 10, 2013 at 8:53 AM Post #7 of 12
Is the E17 a full-sized amp? 
confused.gif

Jul 10, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:
I have been researching 598's and want to find the best amp/dac for use with my iPhone. I am a runner and need a good headphone to zone out to yet still be able to hear loud noises on the street. Hoping to achieve some better base response in the 598 to make them perfect. Which dac can go well with iPhone while I run?

Instead of using a DAC/AMP with the 598's grab a used pair of 555's. I have a pair and they are quite good unamped out of an Ipod and they pretty much are the same comfort and physical size of the 598's. And to be honest they are pretty close to the 598's sonically as well.

Jul 10, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #9 of 12
No fiio amp does justice to a hd 598. I recommend a asgard 2 level amp or at least a magni or bravo ocean

Jul 30, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:
I did try HD 598 and Fiio E17 at the shop near my house last week and the result was not as good as I imaged. Certainly Fiio E17 give HD 598 more quality bass, treble but that all. I want a warm sound and a good wider and three dimension soundstage but Fiio E17 could not give me that so I did not buy Fiio E17 but I did buy HD 598.

The mid of HD 598 is very addictive and it is very suitable for my vocal genres such as pop. My next targets are HRT Music Streamer II and Little dot MK III. I want to roll the tubes ho ho.

Welcome to HD 598 owner club, man!

just a suggestion look into the benalli HA540, it is 224 on ebay and is a tube and sounds fantastic with the 598's.  Happy Listening
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back