HD595s - Corda Arietta OR vintage Nikko amp?
Sep 10, 2007 at 1:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

CloseToTheHedge

New Head-Fier
I'm new at this so please forgive me in the highly likely event that I say something stupid.

I'm on a tight budget but I'm trying to finally get a decent setup. I've got my source, DAC and cans sorted, but I'm looking for an amp. I'm not really interested in a portable, unless it can match a desktop for price/performance, and I was hoping for a SS because I don't really feel ready for a tube amp just yet.

X-FI -> Beresford TC-7510 MK-6 -> ?????? -> HD595s

I hear lots of good things about the Corda Arietta/Headfive, especially with 595s, which is looking at £135 ($270), maybe less if I can find a used one.

However I can also get hold of a cheap Nikko NA-790 integrated amp. I know from reading other threads that this is supposedly a pretty nice bargain vintage amp, with a nice HP jack. Someone even said they much preferred it to the Headfive. Thing is, 595s are 50 ohm though, so I'm not sure how well they'll fare in a vintage amp like this one.

Will my 595s be ok in the Nikko, or should I ditch it and splash out on the Arietta/Headfive? I'd really appreciate any help, it's hard to find answers to questions like this when you're a beginner.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back