HD595 refurbs for $139
Apr 1, 2005 at 2:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

blessingx

HeadFest '07 Graphic Designer
Supplier of fine logos! His visions of Head-Fi
Another eCost sale.

Still happy about my refurb CD780 purchase from them awhile back. Know some others have had problems with them with other electronics, but I think phone purchases have gone through great.

Did the 595 change impedance or have they always been 50? Saw a thread about 'old' 120s, but they poster may have been referencing HD590s. If there are two versions not sure which this is.

Apr 1, 2005 at 3:11 PM Post #2 of 5
Yeah, they changed the impedence from 120 to 50 ohms. I am very tempted by that deal either way though...

Apr 1, 2005 at 3:12 PM Post #3 of 5
Yep, there are two versions of the 595. The newer 50 ohm version has been out for a few months and the older 120 ohm version is the original 595. I didn't see the ohm rating listed on that eCost page, so anyone interested might have to email or call them to find out which version they're shipping.

Apr 1, 2005 at 3:37 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks guys. I called them and they checked but have no information on which version it is. It's currently backordered. As of 2 minutes ago 3 people would be ahead of you. They said once they place another order thru Senn it typically takes 1-2 weeks to fulfill and ship out to user as long as there's enough orders to place another Senn order and provided Senn has some to sell to eCost.

Apr 5, 2005 at 1:48 PM Post #5 of 5
I just got mine in, I had an order in for a while but never got a chance to post about it here. Anyway here's some info.

The 595s didn't come in the original packaging, just a plastic bag from Sennheiser. The 1/4 inch-to-mini converter was included, but the nifty headphone holder was not included.
frown.gif
Oh well, I had something to use anyway.

As for impedence, there's nothing on the headphones to indicate what version they are, so I took out my multi-meter and measured them myself, mine are 120ohm. Since the 50ohm are newer I can only assume that Sennheiser has more reconditioned 120ohm versions on hand than 50ohm versions, but in the end you might just get what you get.

They sure sound nice though, I'm happy so far. :595smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back