HD595 or any test subject needed lol
Nov 11, 2009 at 8:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

sniperdude

New Head-Fier
i got a set today just going over some of my mp3'sand come across
coldplay X and Y

played the song and it crackles like a static distortion sort of thing
it starts soon as the lead guitar and drums come in about 40 seconds into the track

thought ok I haven't found any other as yet that do this so it must be the mp3, so i downloaded another version of the same track at a higher bitrate
got the same thing, done the same again and got the same thing again

went to spotify same thing again ?

thought mite be my sound blaster tried my mp3 player same thing again What

can someone test out please ?

am sure this track hasn't been mastered correctly

Nov 11, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #2 of 10
Well I got my set of 595's last weekend, and listening to X & Y every now and then I hear a tiny crackle indeed... It's not a constant static for me though... Have you tried it with a lossless version of the track?

Nov 11, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #3 of 10
no I haven't, but you have obviously had these longer than me have you found any other tracts doing this?

it even happens on low volume for me, but no it's not constant it's just some parts of the track

really strange that spotify's track does the same too
it has to be badly mastered i just tried my old HD201 and its there on them but you have to listen real hard

same with my sony in canal phones

Nov 11, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #4 of 10
If you can say it's not bad mastering (=clipping due to exceedingly low levels), there are two chances: either your HD-595 is faulty, or it is unproperly amplified. I have used this headphone for three years, and all crackling/clipping/distortion on bass frequencies disappeared when I stopped using it straight from the sound card output and bought a headphone amplifier.

Nov 11, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #5 of 10
I just tried a lossless version and for me that solved the problem... Also I'm still burning in both my amp and headphone, so that might have had something to do with it as well...

Hope you have the same luck sniperdude...

Nov 11, 2009 at 10:19 PM Post #6 of 10
I have the HD595 50ohm and I am currently listening to Coldplay - X&Y. There seems to be a little bit of static 1/3 through the song but it's barely noticeable. I am running my HD595 out of my Little Dot MKII with my X-Fi XtremeMusic an LM4562NA opamp as the source.

My MP3 file is 256 kbps.

Nov 11, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #7 of 10
Lucabeer

I tried it amped with my Cambridge audio 540R and its not the headphones
as I said in my other post I can hear it via hd201 phones and Sony canal earphones if I listen hard.. but I can hear it a lot more on the 595's but then they are a lot better phones

Nov 11, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just tried a lossless version and for me that solved the problem... Also I'm still burning in both my amp and headphone, so that might have had something to do with it as well...

Hope you have the same luck sniperdude...

just getting a flac version see how that is will update soon as I have done so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back