HD595 Discomfort
May 6, 2006 at 12:58 AM Post #16 of 19
Hey greg,

im just wondering, do u just have big ears or is the design really troublesome? 'Cause all the feedbacks ive read say that the hd555/595 are extremely comfortable to wear...
confused.gif

May 6, 2006 at 2:08 AM Post #17 of 19
Welllll crud. I would have suggested 3/8" tubing, but as you mentioned, the pads don't have much stretch in the skirt area. I will take a look inside them tomorrow and see if there is any more distance to be had.

gerG

May 6, 2006 at 2:10 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Hey greg,

im just wondering, do u just have big ears or is the design really troublesome? 'Cause all the feedbacks ive read say that the hd555/595 are extremely comfortable to wear...

Well, it's a bit strange. I never thought I had big ears and I looked in the mirror and noticed that my left ear does stick out further than my right. I finally figured out that what causes this is the way I sleep, sometimes when I sleep on my left side I do it at a 45degree angle putting a lot of weight behind my left ear...sometimes doing this actually props my ear forward so it 'learns' to stick out more during the waking hours.

I wouldn't say that these are uncomfortable, and I'm having some success with the "tube sock" mod, but I do think it was a very poor design decision to put that raised area inside the earcup.

May 6, 2006 at 3:02 AM Post #19 of 19
Yeah, I still haven't figured out why they built in the ear poker. I do know that surprises happen late in the design schedule sometimes, and compromises have to happen. It doesn't seem to bother most people.

Check to be sure that the inner cover is down all the way.

Kind of cheesy, but a rubber-band around the outer perrimeter will keep the pad from flattening out when they are on your head.

gerG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back