HD595 AND AH-D5000(AND 2000)BASS COMPARISON
Nov 14, 2008 at 1:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

plonter

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi, anyone have ever tried them both..?
i need to know if the bass in the denons are better(quantity and quality ofcourse) than the senns...
i would also be happy to get some general remarks about the denons.
i think im a half way to purchase them,and need some final comments.
thx

Nov 14, 2008 at 2:59 PM Post #3 of 6
I can vouch that D2000's bass (mine's recabled tho) is better than HD595 in both quality and quantity. They have totally different in sound sig though, one of my friends was not too fond with the D2000 but was perfectly happy with his HD595.

Nov 14, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by plonter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, anyone have ever tried them both..?
i need to know if the bass in the denons are better(quantity and quality ofcourse) than the senns...
i would also be happy to get some general remarks about the denons.
i think im a half way to purchase them,and need some final comments.
thx

I own the stock D2000's and I've listened to the HD 595 on numerous occasions (Also my PC 350 use the HD 595 drivers). And yes, the Denons have more bass in quality and quantity, for some it's too much, and they want to tighten and tame the bass of the D2000 or 5000 with the MarkL mod, I didn't find this necessary though, a proper burn-in did it for me, I guess I like having that extra "twang" in the bass guitar sounds I listen to
smily_headphones1.gif

The HD 595's are open cans, they're very elegant and laid back when it comes to the lows, the same characteristics can be found from the HD 650's in my opinion. As with the Denons, they are weird headphones, they're closed, pretty big sized, with huge cushions for earpads, but still they breathe like open cans, they leak some sound in too. Their lows are at first like that of any other bassy closed headphones, but in time, burn-in and pairing with different sources/amps, they even out the overpouring bass, at least this has been my experience with the D2000 and their bass.

PS. I wrote a review about the D2000, so it has those general remarks about them if you want to take a look. The .PDF can be found here (sorry for the selfish advertising
tongue.gif
)

Nov 14, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #6 of 6
I think it depends on what is more important to you.
quantity ? quality ? price ?
The markl mod is supposed to raise the quality but lower the quantity, the mod will also end up costing more than the can itself if you want the full mod with cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back