HD58X vs HD598se - is it worth an upgrade?
May 20, 2023 at 3:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Nagisan

New Head-Fier
Realized there's a specific help/recommendation forum - reposted this there but can't delete this post.

Currently have an HD598se bought back in 2016, not having any issues with it as far as sound goes, but I have had to replace the cable and pads. Close to having to replace the pads again and was wondering if it'd be better to upgrade.

Currently looking at the HD58X Jubilee for $150, slightly more pricey than my 598s were ($110 when I got them). I know the drivers are smaller, but the impedance is higher and I already have an amp/DAC that can handle them (Sound BlasterX G6). I admittedly don't know a ton about audio quality, and I don't even listen to a ton of music....but I do play a lot of games (nothing competitive) and enjoy good sounding audio. I also occasionally listen to ASMR to relax, and love "feeling" the sound in my ears (lots of scratching or "rough" sounds).

Is the 58X even an upgrade over the 598s? If so, is it worth upgrading from what I have? Is there a different brand/model that would be better around the $150 range (may go as high as $200 but feel higher end audio isn't necessary for my usage), or should I just stick with my 598s?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back