HD580 upgrade to 650??
Apr 17, 2006 at 4:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Xoton

100+ Head-Fier
Alright, I love my HD580s. So the question is how much better are the 650s?

I have an iRiver IMP-400 PCDP and an SR-71. Not a "serious" source, I know. But either way, are the 650s in a different league or is it "just a little more open, a little more extended, but nothing worth 300+ bux."

Apr 17, 2006 at 5:38 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagorev
With your system, I think it's more the latter than the former. I'd focus on a better source first, and possibly a desktop/home amp.

I agree

Apr 17, 2006 at 7:05 PM Post #4 of 5
I am in a similar situation to yourself, considering the 580 to 650 move, however I have a rather more serious source, and an amp that I am extremely happy with. I would get the rest of your setup ready to accept the 650's rather than get them and then fret because the rest of your system can't cope and ends up unbalanced.

That said... if the money is not a problem really.....

No, stop, this is the head-fi curse, this way bankruptcy lies.

Apr 18, 2006 at 1:09 PM Post #5 of 5
Yeah, it all comes back to money. I think I'll be happy as a "budget audiophile" for now (tell that to people who think $50 for a pair of headphones is crazy--nevermind a 400 dollar amp!!).

Although I'm willing to take donations...maybe I'll save up for the Playstation 3 when that comes out! Spread the love, you know? It's not like I'm "neglecting" my ears at the moment!

Perhaps this could be an alternate Head-Fi credo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back