HD580 Jubilee?
May 22, 2005 at 12:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

congqin

New Head-Fier
Hi, guys, this question may post before, but I didn't find any. What's the difference between HD580 Jubilee and regular HD580? Is the sound? or somthing else?
rolleyes.gif

cong

May 22, 2005 at 12:41 AM Post #2 of 5
I *think* the Jubilee edition is the HD600. It was released as some sort of anniversary edition for the 580's and the HD600's were born out of the Jubilee edition. The difference between the regular 580's and the Jubilee edition? I'm assuming closer matched drivers...

May 22, 2005 at 1:10 AM Post #4 of 5
The Jubilee had different rear grills (what the present hd600 has), carbon fibre housing (I'm not 100% on this, but I seem to remember reading it somewhere, and the pictures I've seen do indeed look like carbon fibre), and presumably better matched drivers. It was special edition and became the HD600 (which does not have the carbon fibre housing, but iirc is nicer plastic than the original 580) which boasts only better matched drivers and the more open rear screens over the HD580. The drivers are the same, although there has been some evidence of different baffling and possibly stiffer construction (which might reduce stray vibration).

jesse

Users who are viewing this thread

Back