HD580 CABLE SHOOT OUT
Feb 11, 2007 at 11:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

SEABREEZE

100+ Head-Fier
SENN FANS,

CAN I GET YOUR IMPRESSIONS ON YOU FAVORITE CABLE FOR THE HD SENN 580 CANS...

Feb 12, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #2 of 9
Maybe if you turn your cap lock off
rolleyes.gif

Oh yeah, my favorite is the one it shipped with

Feb 12, 2007 at 2:25 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe if you turn your cap lock off
rolleyes.gif

Oh yeah, my favorite is the one it shipped with

Hahaha... mine is the HD650 cable. Btw, I have a spare 580 cable!
wink.gif

Feb 13, 2007 at 7:30 PM Post #4 of 9
Thanks for the responces thus far, but there are alot of cables out there,

Cardas, RnB 5 2, stock hd650, red cous, equinox, ral, maybe some DIY to name a few,

Lets hear your opinions on some of the various cables you tried, and which one you kept and which one you got rid of that you didnt like.

I have heard on two seperate occasions the RnB and the 650's and each was a improvement over the stock cables that come with the 580's.

I really cant tell you which one I felt was better, because I did not get to hear them side by side, nor for any extended listening time. . I would need some time with each to determine which one I preferred.

Feb 16, 2007 at 3:52 AM Post #6 of 9
Thanks Meat01,

I too did come across that post by Jude, but thanks for trying to point me in the right direction. He seems to have liked the Cardas, but that post was back in 2002 .

Did also find in another post someone liking the Moon cable for the 580's.

Perhaps others reading this thread will shine in..

Anyone have experience with the RAL cable ???

Feb 20, 2007 at 7:12 PM Post #7 of 9
Did post earlier that I did like the HD650 and Rnb cable over the stock 580 after hearing them at a mini meet.

My conclusion after going back and forth from the HD580 to the HD650 cable is that I liked both. I'll explain further.

What I have learned along the way on my own rig is, that changing power cords , interconnects and tubes , you may find one cable sounding better than the other. Then switch out power cords , interconnects, tubes, and you just might like the other cable.

So in conclusion it all boils down to synergy of your system, electronics, interconnects, power cords and tubes. End result the right cable for the right system, assumming its the last link. Tweaking at its finest..

Feb 20, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #8 of 9
I use an Oehlbach. Sounds better than stock. One of the cheapest and best upgrades for the 580 must be to replace the stock cable with the 650 one ($15).

Feb 20, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #9 of 9
I've tried the Cardas, the 580 stock and the 650 stock cables for my HD580s. For the price to performance ratio, I would definitely go with the 650 stock cables. Although the Cardas sounded better for the high frequency range, it didn't justify the extra $150 dollars in cost over the 650 stock.

So go with the 650 stock cables!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back