HD558s voices aren't as crisp
Feb 28, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #4 of 9
I might try the foam mod. Is it hard? Does it ruin return warranty from amazon? I got these used, honestly not sure if I like them.

I found this does this help you help me?

040487eb_Frequency-Spectrum.gif

Feb 28, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #5 of 9
Feb 28, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #6 of 9
Bah, not sure I want to do that. Looks easy to drop a screw in the driver or something.

Kind of wishing I would have went with the DT770s. But at 70 bucks more than I spent not sure I can justify that. Any suggestions on what to get?

What frequency should I be looking at to get more clarity in the voices?

Feb 28, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #7 of 9
  Bah, not sure I want to do that. Looks easy to drop a screw in the driver or something.

Kind of wishing I would have went with the DT770s. But at 70 bucks more than I spent not sure I can justify that. Any suggestions on what to get?

What frequency should I be looking at to get more clarity in the voices?

Really? I thought this looked very simple.

Anyway, what would you be looking to spend and what music do you listen to? Grados do a pretty good job for singing (because Joe Grado was an opera buff); I wouldn't use them for the spoken voice.

Estimates vary on the range but an easy to remember number is 80-800 Hz.

Feb 28, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #8 of 9
I don't really listen to a whole lot of music tbh. I mainly just watch/play games/movies/shows. Pretty much in that order. I also watch a lot of youtube esque podcasts.

And yeah it does look easy but if I ruin them by some freak accident then I am out a hundred bucks on something I doubt I would like even after the mod.

My budget is around 150.

Feb 28, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #9 of 9
I don't really listen to a whole lot of music tbh. I mainly just watch gaming/movies/shows. Pretty much in that order. I also watch a lot of youtube esque podcasts.

I'm surprised it didn't work out for that. I haven't heard MA900, but it looks good. I use a nearly stock T50RP.

It might be best to start a new help thread so people know you're looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back