HD555 Upgrade to SR 60 any big diffrences?
Apr 2, 2008 at 12:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

XaNE

100+ Head-Fier
the music i mainly listen to is Floyd, Metalica alot of classic rock
or should i buy a amp?
thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 2, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #2 of 5
It's not really an upgrade. It's more....expanding your horizons or testing new waters. It's a great phone to help decide if you can enjoy the Grado upfront sound. As for an amp, it won't be necessary because these phones are pretty sensitive but one could make them sound better.

Apr 2, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #4 of 5
Thats like asking Vanilla ice cream upgrade to chocolate any big difference?

Any big difference? The difference will be HUGE.

Upgrade? Not so much.

Its hard to say whether one is better than the other as this is very subjetive, but the difference is definitely VERY noticeable.

I persoanlly prefer the grado and by looking at the type of music you listen to, you will probably also prefer the grado.

Apr 2, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #5 of 5
i recently got an igrado, doubtedly their flagship sound but even with them i could tell one major difference between the basic senn sound and the grado sound. if you like rock music ONLY then you MIGHT not like the grados. i love listening to metallica but i cant listen to them on grados. the grados will put you right in the first row whereas senn will let you sit in the back and relax. again, i love listening to rock but i cant stand concerts (live) so grados just arent my cup of tea. this is NOT saying they are bad. just vastly different. and if igrados could do that, i cant even imagine what their flagship cans would do. give it a try, if not just trade em or sell them. grados are nice when it comes to resale value (they rarely lose any).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back