HD555 driver came off, help
Jun 16, 2013 at 6:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

naike

Head-Fier
Soo while modding and painting my HD555s the wires for the left driver popped out.
Oh well, I thought I'll just head up a screwdriver-like thing on the stove, but when I put it against the solder nothing happens, yet it super easily melted through plastic and other stuff like butter.

I don't have a soldering iron myself so yeah, I guess I'll have to get one but how should I repair my headphones?
Can I just, with a proper soldering iron, melt the existing solder and shove the wire in the lead blob, or do I have to do something special?
Also, no matter how hard I try, I can't get the wires aligned properly with the connections to get the driver playing music anymore, so there might be some crap on the wire blocking it or something.

I'd appreciate any help you could give me.

Jun 17, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #2 of 3

Took a picture to better describe it.
When I connect the wires now, it doesn't work, I have to very precisely hit the right spot where the connection was before for it to work, simply making contact with the solder doesn't do anything.
Do I have to prepare the wire/solder somehow before just melting it and reconnecting them again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back