HD555 burn in?
Jul 15, 2008 at 12:03 AM Post #4 of 11
Agree with eraser. When I got mine new about 2 years ago, I HATED them. After break-in, they sounded great, however. I used pink noise, and probably put about 200 hours on em before they settled. Enjoy em!

Jul 15, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by sunseeker888 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agree with eraser. When I got mine new about 2 years ago, I HATED them. After break-in, they sounded great, however. I used pink noise, and probably put about 200 hours on em before they settled. Enjoy em!

Is it possible to burn in without pink noise?

What is pink noise?

Does this "burn in" period takes away from the lifespan of the headset? Like leaving it overnight without listening and letting it's lifespan go to waste?

Jul 15, 2008 at 12:50 AM Post #6 of 11
I found my Grados generally changed the most in the first ten hours, but other headphones may have different results. I just say use them and let them burn in on your head.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 15, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found my Grados generally changed the most in the first ten hours, but other headphones may have different results. I just say use them and let them burn in on your head.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm doing that right now, I'm just wondering on average how much does this headphone benefit from burn in. Might not have sounded as "lush" as the one in the store.

Jul 15, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #8 of 11
they are not lush out of the box. Give them 100 hours first then enjoy
biggrin.gif
They should even improve after that but only a little

Jul 17, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #9 of 11
I agree with donunus. I had a pair a while back, and I wasn't satisfied with them, but after about 100 hours they get better. Forget the pink noise thing and just let them burn in as you listen.

Jul 17, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #10 of 11
Truthfully I thought mine sounded great right out of the box. Now I have about 250 hours on them and there even better. Don't really know how to explain it but it sounds alot smoother I guess. Everything just blends perfectly now.

Jul 17, 2008 at 10:44 AM Post #11 of 11
Also, I am thinking that 555s dont all come sounding the same but all end up the same after burn in. Mine was really thin and bassless out of the box. It felt like when you play music on your speakers and hold the drivers so that they couldnt move
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back