hd555+auzentech 7.1 xi-fi prelude
Mar 21, 2011 at 9:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

yewbowguy

New Head-Fier
Hello, as you can see form the number of my posts, i am new to this website.
To start, I have a few issues that I hope you guys can help me deal with. 
I'm using HD555's and my soundcard is the Auzentech 7.1 Xi-fi prelude . I just got this computer a few days ago.
When I first got it, no sound came from the speakers, so i disabled the onboard soundcard.
Even then, the speakers don't work but I can at least get sound through my cans.
Today, after the computer booted up, it wouldn't play any sounds whatsoever. Youtube audio won't go(althou the video still works), an when I tried to play some music with foobar2000, it gave this error message: Unrecoverable playback error: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.   (0x800705AA)
Also, from time to time, my headphones make screeching noises (louder and harder than static) regardless of the volume, be it 30 or 100 or muted.
Please.. help :/

Mar 23, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #2 of 11
The first thing to do is completely uninstall the current drivers for both your onboard and X-fi, reboot, and then install the latest drivers for the card you want to use.

Mar 24, 2011 at 7:48 AM Post #3 of 11
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DON'T DO THAT!

Don't uninstall your mobo's drivers.  Just uninstall the Audigy drivers and install the latest one that you can download here:
http://www.auzensupport.com/site/download/updates.php#xfiprelude

If that doesn't work, then the problem may be that you have too much stuff running in the background.  Without more info, I can't tell you what to do about that.

Mar 24, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #4 of 11
make sure you actually set windows to use that sound card instead of onboard sound too.

Mar 27, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #5 of 11

Quote:
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DON'T DO THAT!

Don't uninstall your mobo's drivers.  Just uninstall the Audigy drivers and install the latest one that you can download here:
http://www.auzensupport.com/site/download/updates.php#xfiprelude

If that doesn't work, then the problem may be that you have too much stuff running in the background.  Without more info, I can't tell you what to do about that.

You need to CHILL, I didn't say zero sector the hard drive like your reaction indicates, calm down and grow up. You want to remove ALL audio related drivers upon getting a new sound card or switching to a pci
one to avoid any conflicts, NOT chipset, nic, or anything else. The best thing the OP can do is post a DXDIAG report for us so we can see services, dll's, and processes running in the background to get a better
idea of whats going on here. And, you want to remove the drivers for your integrated sound, and disable it in the bios, never to be used again.

Mar 29, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #7 of 11

Quote:
Screwing with the mobo's drivers is a horrible idea.  Simply disabling the onboard audio in the bios should be good enough.

Generalizing is a bad thing, there is no "mobo driver". There are several drivers running different aspects of the board (South bridge/PCI bus/sata) are covered by
chipset drivers, Integrated audio, network, and or video have separate drivers. Removing the Integrated audio driver will have zero effect on the rest of the system,
saying its a bad idea because you do not understand this doesn't help the op clean his system up.

I'm trying to properly help the op disable his integrated audio by disabling it in the bios, and removing all traces of related software. this will not affect the chipset/nic/video
drivers in his system. Having multiple audio devices running may be causing his problem, and its a good place to start by using his new card, and it alone.  Going back and
forth Isn't helping him. Doing this properly one time, by disabling the audio in the bios and removing the audio driver will alleviate any problems down the road if he chooses
to reload his operating system. (I work in IT, and have for years). Half A-- is never the way to fix any problem.

Mar 30, 2011 at 1:26 PM Post #8 of 11
tgeml is right. The onboard sound drivers are completely separate.

Mar 30, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #9 of 11
I know mobos use multiple drivers.  There are several possible causes to yewbowguy's problem.

1. Software - It could be as simple as the wrong settings to something more serious, like a virus.  I don't know what software he's using so I can't make any suggestions.
  2. Bad driver - What I think the problem might be.
  3. Driver conflict - What tgeml thinks the problem might be.
  4. Bad soundcard
  5. Bad mobo
  6. something else

It's best to start with the simple fixes first.  What tgeml is suggesting is pretty dramatic and may not be neccessary.  This argument might be moot anyway.  It looks like yewbowguy either gave up or went some place else.

Mar 30, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #10 of 11
I don't think it's dramatic. It's just uninstalling a driver. I would uninstall both of the drivers, disable onboard audio in the bios and install the latest auzentech pre-lude driver. Make sure you you take the right version of the driver, 32 or 64 bits, win xp or vista/7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back