HD495 burn in?
Dec 27, 2001 at 7:27 AM Post #16 of 27
m, I just come back from the vacation and check my headphone. wow, the bass does improve a lot. I mean I can stand to listen to trance with this headphone now. but, the low-bass is still little existence. I guess it's just headphone's common problem.

Dec 27, 2001 at 3:43 PM Post #17 of 27
vikingnaya: The 495's bass problems really shouldn't be tacked on to ALL headphones - I mean, higher end Senns are considerably better, or so I've heard - and Beyers have a damn good bass reputation. And then the cheapie Kosses.....whoo......

biggrin.gif

But stick with the 495s - their a pretty interesting pair of headphones......enjoyable with nearly everything, at least in my experience....if only they had a TAD more detail.....better imaging....lol.....

Jan 1, 2002 at 11:40 PM Post #18 of 27
The 495's sound seems really closed in for an open headphone. Another thing is they get fatiguing when there is alot of instruments. They have a harsh closed in treble, not an airy crisp one. The bass seems thin.

Jan 2, 2002 at 12:01 AM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by vikingnaya
I have a new pair of HD495 for couple of days. Even with my Porta Corda, the bass is not really impressive. I did burn it in for like 30 hours straight. Will it get better?

Maybe you're looking for the wrong kindof bass?

Jan 2, 2002 at 1:50 AM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

Xander's sig
The K401 and 501s do NOT lack lower bass! That is, if you're prepared to feed them properly...

Xander, the first sign of a problem is denial
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 2, 2002 at 2:02 AM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF

Xander, the first sign of a problem is denial
very_evil_smiley.gif

Ahh.. But it's true, I am loyal to no piece of equipment. If there werent bass down there, I would've sent them back to headroom so fast your head would spin. I'd be sitting with you, saying they had no useable bass below 50hz, which is absolutely absurd.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 2, 2002 at 2:30 AM Post #23 of 27
Bah, will somebody that has the 501s just get some 30 & 60 Hz test tones and see if they show up loud & clear or not?

Jan 2, 2002 at 3:49 AM Post #25 of 27
Deepest? Well, my HD600s will play alright down to 20Hz, my HD500s played down to 20Hz, I'd bet the HD590 does too, you really can't get lower then that, and you don't get much down there, period. I would bet the HD25s can too.

Jan 2, 2002 at 4:27 AM Post #26 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by Xander
I'd be sitting with you, saying they had no useable bass below 50hz, which is absolutely absurd.
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.headphone.com/graphCompar...are+Headphones

As I said, -5 to -7dBr below 50 Hz
wink.gif
But see my post in the other thread where we're discussing this!

Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin
Bah, will somebody that has the 501s just get some 30 & 60 Hz test tones and see if they show up loud & clear or not?

I just did that, dhwilkin, in the "K1000s. Help me decide." thread
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 3, 2002 at 3:58 AM Post #27 of 27
I bought a pair of 495 a month ago. They were great from the very beginning, specially in the bass department. I have tried test tones with them and I can hear life down to 20 HZ!!! I've even tried a recording of japanese giant drums and sounds impressive. With all this people posting complains about 495's bass I was wondering if I have very sensitive ears or if I very lucky to have an old Sony home stereo with a wonderful headphone jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back