HD485s Hurt
Jul 12, 2008 at 9:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Ninjax

Head-Fier
I've listened to what most of you on the forums reccomended, and bought the pair. Now that I've had it for some time, I can now express my opinions on the pair.

I've been using them for gaming and listening to music. The sound coming out of them is awesome.

But I wouldn't reccomend them if you want to wear them for more than 10 minutes. They kill your ears, and deliever immense pain. This is unnacceptable for me, as I usually use them for long hours of gaming.

Jul 12, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #2 of 7
Where are they hurting? If your outer ears are large enough to touch the plastic covering the drivers, I can see that being a problem. Otherwise, I find mine quite comfortable, especially as they've loosened up over months of use (they're my gaming cans as well). I'd recommend giving them some time to adjust.

Jul 12, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #3 of 7
Extream pain is felt where the phone's pads are not covering the ears. There's nothing covering that part, except a thin black film.
I put some cotton over it from another pair of headphones but it still doesn't help, the headphones plastic pokes out on my ear and hurts a lot.

Jul 13, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #4 of 7
So I take it by your description that the hard plastic inside the circular pads (the part directly covering the drivers) touches your ears? Ouch. In that case, I doubt they're going to get better for you. My ears don't touch the plastic, so rather than pressing down on the ears, the headphones feel like they're floating in place.

Jul 13, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #5 of 7
unfortunately it's just how phones are usually designed and for people like us who find contact painful with our ears it's a constant annoyance. I go to some rather extreme lengths to avoid any contact if I can help it.

Try stuffing some foam under the pads at the rear where they press. It puts the grill that little bit further out and can be considerably more comfortable.

Jul 13, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #6 of 7
wow- i had these and thought they were ultra comfy!

if u can find them- sennheiser hd545 and hd565 have ultra thick velour cushions that would keep even elf ears from touching the drivers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back