HD428: impressions
Nov 4, 2009 at 10:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

chriscu1

100+ Head-Fier
Picked up a pair of these, as I needed a closed phone option. After letting them burn in for 24 hours, I have to say these are probably priced correctly (at $80 retail). A bit on the bassy side (definitely thumps when used with amp), but I was expecting much worse. Still, good detail and decent isolation (although I notice they leak just a tiny bit). Sounds really good out my total bithead, but even out of a Ipod Touch 2G, not that bad. I have to turn up the volume to almost 100% to get the volume I want, but it does the job ok. Comfort is outstanding...they don't clamp my head (probably explains the slight leak).

Nov 4, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #2 of 2
Good to know. I'd also be interested in your impressions after a few more days of burn-in. Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriscu1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Picked up a pair of these, as I needed a closed phone option. After letting them burn in for 24 hours, I have to say these are probably priced correctly (at $80 retail). A bit on the bassy side (definitely thumps when used with amp), but I was expecting much worse. Still, good detail and decent isolation (although I notice they leak just a tiny bit). Sounds really good out my total bithead, but even out of a Ipod Touch 2G, not that bad. I have to turn up the volume to almost 100% to get the volume I want, but it does the job ok. Comfort is outstanding...they don't clamp my head (probably explains the slight leak).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back