HD30GB9 song transfer errors
Dec 3, 2008 at 1:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

fatman711

Member of the Trade: JMoney Audio
Sometimes out of the whole album that I am trying to transer, there is one song that never wants to transfer and the kenwood application is telling me that there was an error and it couldn't be transferred. Why is this?

I keep trying but get the same error. It happens to only like one of the files. HELP!

Dec 3, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #2 of 8
is the filename in unreadable format?
is the file a different type of file? (FLAC instead of mp3)
check

Dec 3, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #3 of 8
nope all the formats are right. The program doesn't let you see flac anyway so it wouldn't try to transfer flac. It is just MP3 CBR 320kb
like the other songs in the album

Dec 3, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #5 of 8
Just drag and drop the mp3 files to B9.

run kenwood software, click pd, and do tools->liberary update.

This is the easiest way to transfer songs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nope all the formats are right. The program doesn't let you see flac anyway so it wouldn't try to transfer flac. It is just MP3 CBR 320kb
like the other songs in the album

Dec 5, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #6 of 8
I had that problem with very long filenames. HD30GB9 support up to a maximum of 81 characters for a filename and 85 characters for a folder name. Rename your files to be withing these limitations and retry your transfer. Let me know if it resolves your problem.
Regards,
Gilles

Dec 7, 2008 at 12:41 PM Post #8 of 8
I've encountered such an errors with my HD60GD9. What i've realised is:
1) Kenwood Media Application will not parse .m4a file if it has embedded artwork larger than 512KB. You should extract the artwork, resize/recompress it (i recommend you to do it with Paint.NET - Free Software for Digital Photo Editing ) and embed it back into .m4a file.
2) Sometimes, various trance sets downloaded from DJs websites are featuring streams like subtitles or even video! The best choice to remove all this extra streams is to use Yamb » Yet Another MP4Box UI , with that software you can extract an audio stream from .m4a file.
I think that both of the problems are applicable to .mp3s as well; however, i haven't tried to use mp3s so i'm not sure about it.

Please, sorry... my english is so broken
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back