HD280 Pro and PA2V2
Apr 28, 2010 at 11:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

wywern209

100+ Head-Fier
Do these match up well? I've also heard that the HD 280 doesn't respond that well to amping and i've also heard the opposite. I did do some searching and found one thread with a similar question. My question is, will pairing the HD 280 and the PA2V2 significantly increase SQ?(a bit more bass and more clarity if possible)
Source: ipod touch 2G 16gb
Headphones: Stock HD 280(no mods... yet.)
and if the type of music i listen to is info that is needed, i listen to a variety of music. DnB, alternative and some Movie scores like the Dark Knight one by Hans Zimmer and also listen to a bit of electronic stuff.

thx in advance!

-Wywern209
smile.gif

Apr 29, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #3 of 5
^X2
I have a Blu Tack Modded HD280. The bass improves decently. I only put in about a third of the tack that was recommended but so far I've been pleased with the results. I'm pretty satisfied with the bass I feel too much more would be overkill. It is a little difficult to get balanced though (I had to go back in and fix the right side) but now everything works great. It's completely reversible too in case you don't like the sound.

Apr 29, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the best thing for you would be the blue-tak mod. Google around for it on head-fi, or just use the site's search engine. It's purported to work wonders.

Maybe after the warranty is out cuz frankly, i'm scared ****less about opening up the headphones. Besides the blu tack mod which I might do in the future, would amping with a pa2v2 do much good? I hooked it up to my stereo a while back and it really came to life tho honestly, I don't know if it might have just been some serious EQing by the stereo system.

Apr 29, 2010 at 4:18 AM Post #5 of 5
K. So I was curious so I opened up one of the ear cups. There is barely any space to fit ur hands in for the blue tack. Getting the damned ear pad back on was one thing I really want to avoid lol. That took forever

Users who are viewing this thread

Back