HD280 Headband Finally Broke (5yrs!)
Jun 4, 2009 at 2:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ChickenScrtchBoy

500+ Head-Fier
I don't mean the plastic is cracking, that happened a year in, and a year later, I finally cut all of that cracking plastic off. The actual metal headband inside the rubber bit that goes over the top of the head broke, just about a cm inside.
I've had these guys for 5 years, they will be missed.

Anyhow... now I need a new pair of fullsized cans... I'm looking for basically a direct replacement, does anyone have any ideas?
The real questions are:
Has Senn fixed this long lived and well known problem?
Are there any headphones that will last me the a good long time, be less than or around $100, and sound just as great?

Jun 4, 2009 at 10:17 AM Post #2 of 2
Nope. Sennheiser's replacement, the HD380, which I just purchased here in Germany at the Saturn Electronics Store on Munckebeckstrasse has many of the same faults that are still plaguing their entire spectrum. I have the HD800 as well ( I haven't had a chance to even open it) and the description of the headband has me in utter awe. AKG doesn't seem to have problem with acoustic isolation with their metal headband arches.

Sennheiser make a a good product especially with the much improved HD380, however I feel that AKG makes an even better decision to build a more robust headphone. Check it out at store before plopping the money down for one on Amazon. That is probably the safest bet in any regard.

Hope this helps and take care

Users who are viewing this thread

Back