hd280 burn in guide?
Sep 26, 2015 at 11:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

insertwordshere

Head-Fier
Just bought a sennheiser hd 280 pro. How to do the "burn in"?
the store clerk said do not play it too loud before the burn in but im already playing battlefield 4 with it.
Any Help?

also, if you are wondering how real is the senn clamp force, it's very real. How to uhh, make it a LITTLE more comfy?

Sep 26, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #2 of 5
For the most part burning in a headphone to make it sound better / different is mostly a proven myth.

That said it does bring up a few things to keep in mind with a new headphone:

1.)  Giving the headphone enough time to have any epoxies used to fully cure is a good idea.  The manufacturing process should take this into account already, but if you are looking to baby your new headphone give them a day or two to rest after they arrive.

2.)  Our brains are tricky and become accustomed to sounds we come into contact with on a daily basis.  If you are used to a particular headphone then it will take a few days of listening to retrain your brain.  This is the true nature of burn in.

3.)  If you want to burn in your headphones with music / noise playing just play normal music on random through them at just above nominal listening levels.

Sep 27, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #4 of 5
  For the most part burning in a headphone to make it sound better / different is mostly a proven myth.

That said it does bring up a few things to keep in mind with a new headphone:

1.)  Giving the headphone enough time to have any epoxies used to fully cure is a good idea.  The manufacturing process should take this into account already, but if you are looking to baby your new headphone give them a day or two to rest after they arrive.

2.)  Our brains are tricky and become accustomed to sounds we come into contact with on a daily basis.  If you are used to a particular headphone then it will take a few days of listening to retrain your brain.  This is the true nature of burn in.

3.)  If you want to burn in your headphones with music / noise playing just play normal music on random through them at just above nominal listening levels.

Last problem. whenever i plug them into my xonar u5, theres a "pop" sound. it happened to my old siberia. and my new sennheiser.
but it happened even when the sound card's new. is that SUPPOSED to happen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back