HD280: a "no-no" in public
Aug 8, 2007 at 9:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

m1k3-tets1

Head-Fier
OK, MY HD280 hurt their eyes, but what about THEIR manners hurting my ears? I wear these uber-isolating but really huge'n'ugly cans in public primarily not_to_disturb_them_with my_music (and secondly, cos of those peasants screaming over their cells, their earbuds leaking sound like hell, stereos in busses cranked up to full volume etc.)

So, the question is: may I wear fullsize cans in public if they leak none, just not to disturb any1 and not to let any1 disturb me? After all, I dont smoke in their faces, it's just big cans on my head.

Any opinions appreciated.

P.S. For some reasons I can't go IEMs or supraurals.

Aug 8, 2007 at 9:42 AM Post #2 of 53
What's the point of this thread? If you want to wear your cans in public, just do. Like you said, you're not bothering anyone. Who cares what they think of the "looks"? I've worn my old ATs in public. That takes some guts... or blissful ignorance. Either way.

Aug 8, 2007 at 9:55 AM Post #3 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibborando /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's the point of this thread? If you want to wear your cans in public, just do. Like you said, you're not bothering anyone. Who cares what they think of the "looks"? I've worn my old ATs in public. That takes some guts... or blissful ignorance. Either way.

Thanx for feedback. I just thought I was missing something, like it's bad to offend folks with my looks... Anyway, I have my pants on, right?

Aug 8, 2007 at 10:04 AM Post #5 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by m1k3-tets1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyway, I have my pants on, right?

I hope so. To quote Mr T - "Clothes. Everybody wears em, and if you don't, you get arrested".

Quote:

and secondly, cos of those peasants screaming over their cells, their earbuds leaking sound like hell, stereos in busses cranked up to full volume etc.

Damn those peasants. If the landed gentry want to wear HD280's then I don't see how the peasantry could interfere.

Aug 8, 2007 at 10:24 AM Post #6 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toby M /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope so. To quote Mr T - "Clothes. Everybody wears em, and if you don't, you get arrested".

Damn those peasants. If the landed gentry want to wear HD280's then I don't see how the peasantry could interfere.

Well, mayb 'peasants' was not the word I shud've used, I'm sorry. John Lennon is to blame :).

Aug 8, 2007 at 10:24 AM Post #7 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by carlineng /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Umm... I think you'll be okay.

Tell it to my wife, bro!

Aug 8, 2007 at 10:25 AM Post #8 of 53
Quote:

Anyway, I have my pants on, right?

Hell, wear a kilt so they can hear your brass balls clanging together while you stroll down the street with the biggest, ugliest, pinkest headphones you can find. You only live once - don't do it for anyone else.

Aug 8, 2007 at 11:50 AM Post #9 of 53
I could understand if we were talking K1000 's here , but honestly my friend ..............it doesn't matter in the slightest , your offending absolutely no one and its probably all in your imagination anyway...... I sometimes go for the human-fly look and stroll out in my HD650's if the mood takes me . Perhaps I get the occasional glance, but can't say i've really noticed...............Far too busy enjoying good music to notice these things anyway !
600smile.gif

Aug 8, 2007 at 12:15 PM Post #10 of 53
I had been wearing my HD280Pro to work & back home. I like this phone because it isolate well. Not really worry about how people looked at you but the most important is you enjoyed it yourself.

Lately, I had upgraded my phone to edition 9 but I still missed the isolation of my HD280Pro. How I wished that my edition 9 can isolate like the HD280Pro as well.
frown.gif

Aug 8, 2007 at 12:28 PM Post #12 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by subfocus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could understand if we were talking K1000 's here , but honestly my friend ..............it doesn't matter in the slightest , your offending absolutely no one and its probably all in your imagination anyway...... I sometimes go for the human-fly look and stroll out in my HD650's if the mood takes me . Perhaps I get the occasional glance, but can't say i've really noticed...............Far too busy enjoying good music to notice these things anyway !
600smile.gif

You said it. I shud've explained better. The problem is not with me. The problem is not with the folks around. The problem is with my wife. Naturally, if we go out together I leave 280s home. But she hates me wearing these biggies in the city even without her by my side.
Excuse my Russian English.

Aug 8, 2007 at 12:30 PM Post #13 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherepashka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Head-fi causes moronity?

Your nick suggests you may be Russian. Am I right?

Aug 8, 2007 at 12:44 PM Post #15 of 53
Quote:

You said it. I shud've explained better. The problem is not with me. The problem is not with the folks around. The problem is with my wife. Naturally, if we go out together I leave 280s home. But she hates me wearing these biggies in the city even without her by my side.
Excuse my Russian English.

Just tell her you wear them around the city for a perfectly good reason...... when listening to your music on the 280s , you have less time to stare at other women
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back