HD25 for iPod use or something else?
Feb 21, 2005 at 5:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

paspro

100+ Head-Fier
I am thinking of buying the Sennheiser HD25 for use with my iPod, as a good closed set of headphones to be used either at home, work or on the road. Can the iPod drive this headphone on its own without any amplifier? How about the sound quality and noise isolation? Any other suggestions?

Feb 21, 2005 at 5:18 PM Post #2 of 6
hd25 is easily driven from any source according to my own observations. it is even easier to drive than the px100...

the isolation is quite good. but it is not too comfortable. there is a lot of pressure on your ear, so you have to get used to this first.

i personally never used my hd25 on the street, because i find it actually too big. and some treble is missing when compared to px100 or portapro. but the overall sound is better of course than these.

Feb 21, 2005 at 7:16 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by paspro
Can the iPod drive this headphone on its own without any amplifier? How about the sound quality and noise isolation?

Just one word: very loud [size=xx-small](ok, two =)[/size]. Sound quality is quite good, provided you need the isolation. Otherwise, unlike oluv above I find sportapro or px100 to have more balanced sound. If you do get them, I suggest to get velour pads for added comfort.

If you only use your ipod at home or office and not while moving around then you might want to try ultrasone, which I found mate very well with ipod (and my sonic preference), despite the tight grip and all.

Feb 21, 2005 at 7:40 PM Post #4 of 6
Thanks for the info! My main concern was whether the iPod can drive them (Euro version but uncapped using a software tool) and I am happy you confirm that it does. I need to mention here that I have the PX200 which I don't particularly enjoy because it does not sound so loud straight out of the iPod so I think I will go for the HD25. As for alternative pads I wonder how easy it is to find such pads in the UK...

Feb 21, 2005 at 7:59 PM Post #5 of 6
This ... in UK.

12 pound.

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back