HD201 vs. ATH-ES7
Feb 27, 2006 at 2:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ghopper

100+ Head-Fier
I got my HD201 yesterday and the ES7 should be coming soon. Since they're both alternatives to the Bose Triports I'd like to compare them. But since I'm no professional I'd like to hear some of your opinions. Thanks a million.

Feb 27, 2006 at 3:39 AM Post #4 of 5
you got the Senns already? put em on! report back what you think of these $20 cans versus your $150 triports - don't worry, we won't eat you if you like Bose more, honest!

Feb 27, 2006 at 3:56 AM Post #5 of 5
gasp i don't have those unholy bose triports! never! i just know both the senns and the es7's are recommended alternatives to triports.

as for my noob opinion on the hd201's, they're pretty clear. when i listen to them right out of the box with my ipod they sounded tiny. my ipod could barely drive them at max volume. then i came home and plugged it into my dad's accuphase preamp and used his burn-in cd to, well, burn it in. The sound coming from the accuphase is much richer and fuller. After burn in i listened to it from my ipod again and it seemed to have loosened up (at this point i myself don't even know if i'm bsing or not.) the highs are a little too much for me and there could be more bass. the mids i'm not sure.
i read somewhere that these cans are horrible for jazz but i find it very enjoyable listening to three blind mice.
there. my experience. don't know if that paragraph made any sense.

correction: i just listened to them again and realized the bass is actually quite enough for me. and also there isn't much of a sound stage. the piano seems to be in my head and yo-yo ma seems to be behind my right eye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back