HD2...Made my list and checking it twice.
May 26, 2008 at 6:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Hookem

100+ Head-Fier
Finally have the HD2 coming my way...Made up a list of opamps to try using with it...Am I missing some...And are there ones I do not need to purchase ???

Burr-Brown
OPA-2107
OPA-2134-PA
OPA-2604
OPA-627-BP

Linear Technology
LT-1361-CN8
LT-1364-CN8
LT-1469-CN8

National Semi Conductor
LM-4562-NA
LM-6172-NA
LME-49720-NA

Thanks !!!!!

biggrin.gif

May 26, 2008 at 2:00 PM Post #2 of 6
I guess you're talking about Audiotrak? Find the proper thread discussing this matter in deep. You need two OPA2604 and one AD8022 or AD8599. Others don't matter IMHO. Include the capacitor upgrade in your mods as well - Sanyo WG or Sanyo Oscon SP where applicable.

May 27, 2008 at 6:09 AM Post #4 of 6
Thanks for the reply's.

I will add the AD8022 and AD8599' to the list.

And I will be replacing the capacitors with like Sanyo's...As per you guys recommedation in the other HD2 threads.

What would be the best place to order this stuff from.

I tried some of the sites recommended here and get lost quick.

I was able to find the LT's very easily at Newark.com.

I am hoping for a site that I can order the opamps and capacitors from one place if possible.

Thanks again.

May 27, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by majkel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess you're talking about Audiotrak? Find the proper thread discussing this matter in deep. You need two OPA2604 and one AD8022 or AD8599. Others don't matter IMHO. Include the capacitor upgrade in your mods as well - Sanyo WG or Sanyo Oscon SP where applicable.

Went to AD's site...And as with other opamps there are many different "package" types...Could you please tell me which packaging I want...Sorry...New to all this business and it seems every manufacturer has thier own way of packaging opamps.

Analog Devices AD8022 - Dual High Speed, Low Noise Op Amp

Analog Devices AD8599 - Dual, Ultralow Distortion, Ultralow Noise Op Amp

Burr-Brown list 2 different 2604's that are 8pin PDIP's

Dual FET-Input, Low Distortion Operational Amplifier - OPA2604 - TI Product Folder

Really do not want to buy apamps that I cannot use on the Audiotrak HD2.

Thanks again for your help.

Jun 4, 2008 at 10:50 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by majkel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well I am looking at Analog Devices site...It would appear that the AD8022 and AD8599 look nothing like the OPA2604...No 8 pins that will just "plug" into the HD2.

Do I need some sort of adapter or can they only be used if you are willing to solder them onto the HD2 ???

Kinda confusing this opamp business...PDIP's, CN8's...Here is Digital Devices site and Brown Dogs.

ANALOG DEVICES | AD8022ARZ | Analog & Mixed Signal ICs | Semiconductors & Prototyping | Newark.com

Audio Upgrade Adapters

I hate being a pain but really do not want to order and pay for stuff that I cannot use...Or order the AD8599 or AD8022 and then have to go through the wait of ordering the Brown Dog adapters.

Really do not want to solder the opamps on the card out to the gate...I would like to buy and listen to the different opamps without having to solder them on.

I am already going to have to pay a guy to recap the thing...30 bones aint much money for the recap...But I would like to have some fun...Trying the different opamps will give me something to look forward to.

I want to start my DIY experience making cables...Not soldering on a sound card I have had to wait 2 months to get.

So if you could...Please...Do I need adapters for the Digital Device opamps ???

Do they have to be soldered on ???

And if not what specific model do I need???

Thanks again for the reply's and help...I really appreciate the help.

confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back