HD2...Made my list and checking it twice.
May 25, 2008 at 11:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Hookem

100+ Head-Fier
Finally have the Audiotrak Prodigy HD2 coming.

Searched around and have found these op amps listed as possible combinations for the HD2...I want to order them all at once and was wondering if you guys can add to the list...Or ones to remove if they are a waste of time and money.

Most number I have seen more than once and assume they are usable...I had the LT1634 on the list and was told by n_maher it was not a opamp.

So if there are any part numbers listed that will extra krispy fry the card please tell me.

Burr-Brown
OPA-2107
OPA-2134-PA
OPA-2604
OPA-627-BP

Linear Technology
LT-1361-CN8
LT-1364-CN8
LT-1469-CN8

National Semi Conductor
LM-4562-NA
LM-6172-NA
LME-49720-NA

Thanks for any recommendations...Additional or opamps to not to order.

I want to recap it with Sanyo OS-CON and am hoping Newark.com will have the OpAmps and the Sanyo's in one place.

Thanks again...
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2008 at 6:13 PM Post #3 of 11
Audiotrak Prodigy HD2 -*High-End 192 kHz Reference HiFi Audio Interface for audiophiles and music enthusiasts.

I do not have the card yet...I checked floridamusic and it appeared to be instock.

Ordered it May 20th I think...Anyway I did not get it and called them at the end of May and the guy told me they have 40 ordered that did not come in and that it would be mid-June.

So I am hoping they will get the order in this week...Probably call them and see what is up now that you have reminded me about all this business.

If you want one I would suggest calling them and asking where you would be inline.

They usually have most of them sold before they get them in...So they are usually only listed instock a couple of days at most.

Jun 17, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #4 of 11
Just got off the phone with them and they said mid-July.

Production problems in Korea.

And the wait goes on...Well might as well go over to parts express and see if there is any good news on the HSU8 Subwoofer.

Geezzzz...I hate waiting...Oh well.

Jun 18, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got off the phone with them and they said mid-July.

Production problems in Korea.
Geezzzz...I hate waiting...Oh well.

I hate placing an order and then finding out that the item is backordered.

Thanks for the link to Florida Music Company. I placed an order before learning that they couldn't deliver.

Bill

Jun 18, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #7 of 11
Well they do not charge your credit card until they get them.

If you want one I would just wait...I could have gotten one a month ago if I would have just got on the list and waited.

Either that or see if Bob has not sold his.

I guess I am spoiled...Directron not too far away...So for computer stuff I can usually walk in the door and walk right back out with pretty much anything I want.

And having a Fry's about a mile away from Directron...Yeah I'm spoiled.

Jun 19, 2008 at 1:51 AM Post #8 of 11
AK4396 sound cold, shrill and detailed, couple them with LME49720 will give disastrous result. This is by my experience though

You can probably try AD8599, AD8066 or AD8620. But all the opamp I mentioned uses SOIC so you need a browndog adapter to fit them to the card

Jun 19, 2008 at 2:11 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Apocalypsee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can probably try AD8599, AD8066 or AD8620. But all the opamp I mentioned uses SOIC so you need a browndog adapter to fit them to the card

Thanks for your reply Apocalypsee.

Yeah it seems that the Analog Device opamps are ending up being a consensus choice of the HD2

So it is just a matter of getting Brown Dog SOIC to 8-pin PDIP adapters and soldering the AD's onto the B/D's ???

Just want to make sure as I bought some opamps that are not 8-pin PDIP's.

Thanks again for your reply !!!!!

Jul 4, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #11 of 11
Hookem,

Have you received your Audiotrak Prodigy HD2 soundcard yet?

Mine came yesterday and I'm listening through it now. Sounds quite good. I'd guess that the sound is better than the Realtek HD audio onboard sound I was using on a different PC.

Installation went smoothly. At one point, the install process asked for the Juli@ driver disk. (I already had a Juli@ card installed.) i placed that CD in the DVD drive and continued. When the next device was recognized, I went back to the AudioTrak driver disk.

The hardest part was figuring out how to disable all the effects in the prodigy Control panel. (Click on the button until the are not lit up.)

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back