HD DAP with Chinese character support
May 17, 2005 at 2:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

OniVerde

Head-Fier
I'm currently using a Rio Karma, which doesn't support Chinese characters. Which on of the HD DAPs out there has it?

May 17, 2005 at 3:08 PM Post #2 of 9
The Apple iPods have language options for both the simplified and original Chinese characters.

May 17, 2005 at 7:50 PM Post #4 of 9
with ipods you can change all menu labels to simplified or traditional (as well as many other languages), or if your song title/album/etc are in chinese they will show up as chinese chararacters regardless of what language you have it set on.

May 17, 2005 at 8:03 PM Post #5 of 9
So far i say iPod's done a nice job on displaying chinese characters. On the rio, i've tried everything, and some characters still dont' show up right. So finally i just gave up and sold my karma. Karma's excuse was that their character display didn't comply with the requirements that the chinese gov. demands. Since they can't distribute rio in China, then they don't give enough attention to display chinese character set.

May 18, 2005 at 6:03 PM Post #7 of 9
so my options are
iPod
iAudio
Creative Zen

anything else?

May 18, 2005 at 8:36 PM Post #8 of 9
my iPod hasnt failed me once in displaying chinese characters, both traditional and simplified. but occasionally, theres a few glitches when uploading songs onto my dad's Zen Touch, which corrects itself after reloading the file.

May 18, 2005 at 11:29 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by OniVerde
so my options are
iPod
iAudio
Creative Zen

anything else?

You forgot the iRiver.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back