HD 6XX vs HD598 vs HD58X Jubilee
Jan 11, 2018 at 5:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

MzDay

New Head-Fier
HD 6XX and HD58X Jubilee is current on Massdrop and I considered buying one of the three (HD598 also).

I mainly listen to chill electronic music, a lot of vocals, don't really need a huge bass but a decent one wouldn't hurt (I heard those three on the down side on this part, I don't think it will really bother me).

Which one do you think I should take? And do I need an AMP and/or DAC for them? if so, which one will compliment them the most?

Thanks in advance!
If I missed any information let me know! :)

EDIT: By the way, if you think there is anything better for my case than those three (in the same price range), please feel free to suggest others :)

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #6 of 16
And the HD598, even without an amp, would still outperform something like the ATH M50x's? Or would this be one of those times where if one isn't using an amp, better to get the lower impedence headphones for quality alone?

Jan 25, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #7 of 16
In my opinion, the HD598 outperforms the M50x with or without an amplifier. That said, neither one particularly needs an amplifier to be driven well. Will you get more out of the headphone if you amplify it--possibly, depending on the amp. But it certainly isn't required for the HD598 or the M50x. Both do fine straight out of a DAP. IMO. Hope this addresses your question.

Jan 27, 2018 at 3:02 AM Post #9 of 16
Depends at what price you are getting the 598's or the jubilees. The 6xx is leagues ahead if you can get them for 200, but if you can get the 598's for around 100 dollar/euro that's a very good deal because you don't need an amp or dac necessarily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back