HD 650 question do all the HD650 do the same "S" sound?
Nov 3, 2016 at 6:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

jessietigres

100+ Head-Fier
Hi well i have a pair of HD650's and i've noticed compared to my k702  Q701 and DT 880 that the "S" sound is a bit more of "SH" sound making it sounds a bit distorted I was wondering if it is only my pair or are all of them the same way on that specific sound?

thanks everyone sorry if i didn't get my point across 

Nov 4, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #4 of 10
  i mean it's not a sibilant sound its pretty rolled off but sounds wierd and different from my other trebly headphones on the "S" 

I see. You'd have to be more detailed in your description for me to know what you mean, then.

It is a bit rolled-off, but not by much.
http://cdn.head-fi.org/5/5a/5ac3a0cc_Sennheiser_HD_650.png

Perhaps you could play around with an equalizer and see how it changes in that area.

Nov 4, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #5 of 10
well i got a eq and bumped up the 10khz freq. by 5 db and sounds normal for some reason so i just guess the headphone does it so you don't get fatigued with cymbles and the sharp "S" sound on vocalists

Nov 4, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #6 of 10
  well i got a eq and bumped up the 10khz freq. by 5 db and sounds normal for some reason so i just guess the headphone does it so you don't get fatigued with cymbles and the sharp "S" sound on vocalists

Glad you were able to work things out. You may get even better results by experimenting with other frequencies.

Nov 4, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #8 of 10
You can use this for reference.

Fill the region between 7kHz and 11kHz and they'll sound closer to the other headphones.

Nov 4, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #10 of 10
  I'll try it asap 
by the way ME x3 how does the K5 work with k702 dt880 and hd 650 or would you recommend another amp?

It works very well. It's a very neutral amplifier with plenty of power.
You should know that it won't warmify the sound or make it much smoother. It provides nice punch and tight control in the bass notes and clean sound.

If you want something warmer and softer then check the Matrix HPA2 (pricier though)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back