HD 650 Cable
Dec 5, 2004 at 12:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jbunniii

100+ Head-Fier
Some people assert that the stock Sennheiser HD 650 cable has shortcomings, and that there is an audible difference associated with switching to an aftermarket cable.

What, specifically, are the complaints about the stock cable?

If the third-party cables sound different, is it because they are introducing euphonic coloration? Are there actually measurable differences among the various cables? If so, how subtle is this difference, sonically, compared with the difference between the HD 600 and the HD 650 headphones?

Regards,
jbunniii

Dec 5, 2004 at 1:37 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbunniii
Some people assert that the stock Sennheiser HD 650 cable has shortcomings, and that there is an audible difference associated with switching to an aftermarket cable.

What, specifically, are the complaints about the stock cable?

If the third-party cables sound different, is it because they are introducing euphonic coloration? Are there actually measurable differences among the various cables? If so, how subtle is this difference, sonically, compared with the difference between the HD 600 and the HD 650 headphones?

Regards,
jbunniii

i don't think the stock cable is bad, so to speak. it's just that there are alternatives that might bring you another 10-20% of clarity. i just picked up a pair of 650's, and silver dragon cables as well after doing a bunch of research here. i listened to the stock for a bit, and thought things sounded fine. then i switched out, and things sound better. but nothing is broken in yet, so i'll report back in 100 hrs. im sure if your front end is top notch, the senns will make you very happy, new cable or not. and if you can afford it, go ahead and pick up a replacement cable cause you know you want to, and you can always sell it without much, if any, loss.

good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back