HD 598 Square Trade Worth It?
Jun 5, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #2 of 9
Have had mine for ~3 years now and it's still good as new. So long as you properly care for your headphones, you shouldn't run into any issues regarding longevity.

Jun 5, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #7 of 9
The cans are not particularly fragile nor are they particularly durable either.

If you take care of your stuff then it should last a long time.  If you tend to bang around your stuff then a warranty may be a good idea.

Jun 6, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
I'm more or less wondering if they will last through wearing them every day for 3 years and throwing them into my backpack. Do they come with a case?

They don't come with a case and throwing them to your backpack is not a good idea at all. They are big, and although they are solid, I don't think they will be able to withstand abuse well enough. What you can do it to buy one of those universal cases sold at headroom for example. they are semi-rigid and might help transporting them...but again, if you will be using them around maybe you need a sealed headphone to begin with, and there are great portable headphones you should consider. 

Jun 6, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
The cans are not particularly fragile nor are they particularly durable either.

If you take care of your stuff then it should last a long time.  If you tend to bang around your stuff then a warranty may be a good idea.

Glory said it perfectly. If you take care of it and keep it connected to your computer, you should be fine. If you're throwing them into a backpack, you're buying the wrong cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back