HD 598 question
Jun 23, 2012 at 10:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Thilly

Head-Fier
i just recently got the 598 and i think i got a problem. the cans sound like theyre being over-worked or being played too loud. its only at 35% and i have winamp on 50%.

the only comparison i can think of is when you get new subwoofers you cant play it too loud because you gotta let the spider loosen over some time. if you dont let it loosen, itll make some sort of rattling noise. thats what im pretty much experiencing with the bass on my 598. its not for every song, but i'd like to avoid it. is it possible that the 598 are so great that you can hear the imperfections of the song? lol sorry just woke up so everything might not make sense.

Jun 23, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #2 of 8
well what kind of music are you listening too? as far as i know the hd598 driver is quite capable of producing bass without rattling. ( i have the nearly identical hd558) 
maybe if the problem persists after 20+ hours of burn in you should consider using your warranty 

Jun 23, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #3 of 8
i just hope i didnt damage the bass permanently.

one of the songs i used was Chris Brown - Look At Me Now

from this song i can hear a little distortion from the low or mid tom sounds. and a little static in the beginning of the song. im hoping its just the file lol.

another song is J. Cole - Work Out

the bass definitely rattles there

ill give the headphones a couple of days of playing and then hopefully hear some improvements

Jun 23, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #4 of 8
Just tried listening to that song on youtube, (yeah i know, its low quality bit rate, but i don't have the song)  felt the bass was pretty smooth, and i couldn't hear much static if any.

anyway just wait to see how it turns out in a few days should be better hopefully

Jun 23, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
is it possible that i couldve damaged the drivers already because ive been playin bass-heavy songs too soon?

well depends on you loud you played them, based on what you stated it shouldn't bee to loud, i just got mine earlier today and the bass seems pretty smooth to me. (even after i eq the 30Hz up like 6db) phone preamp is -8db, connected to hippo box amp, volume at 75% (which would be about 50% if default eq settings)

I would just suggest to give it time, maybe it will loosen up soon^^ 

Jul 5, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
alright thanks. ill report back after a few days if im still havin complications

how's your headphones now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back