HD 595s give me a headache
Jun 9, 2005 at 6:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

jimrak

New Head-Fier
Help! I just bought a pair of Sennheiser HD 595s tonight and so far I love them but the headband gives me a headache. It feel like too much pressure on the top of my head and after 15 minutes I start to get a headache. I've tried adjusting the height with no success. Can the headband be tweaked so there isn't so much pressure at one point?
Has anyone else experieiced this?
This is my first forray into real headphones and I'd like to get this resolved so I can really enjoy them.

Jun 9, 2005 at 6:45 AM Post #2 of 18
Don't mean to insult your intelligence but...how are you wearing them? Try sliding them forward or back (the headband that is)...the HD595s have a really soft pad on the top, not sure how it could cause much pain.

Jun 9, 2005 at 6:48 AM Post #3 of 18
I just dont think your used to headphones. To get over comfort problems just leave them alone, the more you mess with them the worse it gets. Keep them on for longer periods of time 30 min+ and take some advil, tylenol, asprin, or whatever to get rid of the headaches. Dont worry after a while the Senns should get very comfy, your head just needs to get used to having headphones on it for long periods of time.

Jun 9, 2005 at 8:06 AM Post #5 of 18
It could be clamp pressure impairing circulation, restriction of head motion leading to muscular fatigue, sensitivity to extra cranial inertia and weight leading to muscle fatigue, or maybe the volume you're playing the music at is too loud.

Jun 9, 2005 at 12:07 PM Post #6 of 18
I experienced some headache also but I think it was only a lack of burn in. The highs were so bright that I couldn't even listen to some songs first. But when I gave them a proper burn in things got better. Highs settled down and other improvements.

The headband was little bit too tight for my taste but I think it loosens up when you use them for a while.

Jun 9, 2005 at 12:16 PM Post #7 of 18
Since they are your first proper headphones you might not feel ok with them on. You have to wear them!
lambda.gif

Jun 9, 2005 at 12:53 PM Post #8 of 18
I didn't find the headband of the 595 to be headache-inducing, in fact rather the opposite, i.e. I don't even feel the pressure anymore 5 minutes after placing the headphone on my (own) head.
Give yourself some break-in to headphones!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 9, 2005 at 9:22 PM Post #9 of 18
Yes I had the same problem too, except I didnt get the headaches until I took them off me head (which I guess means if I wore them 24/7 it would be fine
icon10.gif
)

I also found the clamp pressure a bit too much as well especially since i wear glasses and it presses down on them against my ear, but with time and usage either I'm getting used to it or it's adjusting to me (there's a nice groove in the padding where it clamps the arms of my glasses)

Just put up with it for a while and most of the comfort problems eventually fade to minimal levels.

Jun 9, 2005 at 10:02 PM Post #10 of 18
Thanks guys. This is something I never would have expected I'm glad I'm not the only one.
I'd hate to have to return them because I got a killer deal. I only paid $185.00 from a b&m dealer because of a sign being in the wrong place. I promise to wear them for at least 2 hours a night for the next month.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 9, 2005 at 10:45 PM Post #11 of 18
I just got HD555s and im feeling the same. I think its just being unused to the sensation. My PC150s tooks weeks to get comfortable, these things are already well on the way after a few days! I love them
lambda.gif

Jun 10, 2005 at 1:45 AM Post #12 of 18
I know most ppl prolly wouldnt think this is the best of ideas. But i experienced the same problem, have the 595s. I just stretched them over my pc, every night for about a week and now they are much better. They are streched enough to be a lot more comfy. Try it out

Jun 10, 2005 at 3:05 AM Post #13 of 18
takes time for ur head to get use to them, and also takes time for them to loosen up. have them loosen up the natural way, or you can choose to stretch them on a box everytime u are not using it.

Jun 10, 2005 at 3:34 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emon
the HD595s have a really soft pad on the top

relative to what, grados?

the hd595s I found quite uncomfortable for similar reasons (the padding is all quite stiff, and the shape is akward). other senns, ATs, etc are much more comfortable.

jesse

Jun 10, 2005 at 5:04 AM Post #15 of 18
Yeah, relative to something like Grados. I guess they seem softer to me since I'm used to the hard headband of the HD414. No padding, not even vinyl, just hard plastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back