HD 595 vs HD 25-1 II
Aug 13, 2009 at 11:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

episteme

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,
I'm looking to buy some new headphones for both home and portable use, and I've narrowed it down to these two, based on price, reviews, and my own previous experience with Sennheiser. I'm just eager to hear what you guys have to say before I take the plunge. Which one would you recommend over the other? Or is there another set of headphones that you think is better? Thanks in advance
beerchug.gif

Aug 16, 2009 at 9:30 AM Post #2 of 9
i have both these. i think this will depend on what type of music you listen to. if you listen to classical or other in-depth listening, go for the 595.

the 595 have a really long cable ending in a 6.3mm jack & are open, so everyone will hear your music. not designed for portables (though that hasn't stopped me in the past). you would need a adapter, preferably a cabled one so you don't stress the 3.5mm socket.

the HD25-1 however are perfect for portables as they're closed & drive a real punch. you won't get the same soundstage as the 595 but instead you get a more powerful sound. more than good enough for most electronic music, for example.

sometimes i think i'd like a 'semi-open' can that sounds a cross between the two, maybe someone knows a can like this & can advise?

Aug 16, 2009 at 9:35 AM Post #3 of 9
These are totally different phones. Both are great!

If portability and isolation is important then go for the HD25, if not then I would try both if I were you. They are just so different in terms of sound quality IMO.

Aug 30, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #6 of 9
Go with the HD25-I-II - these are extremely dynamic - it makes you think of live music and allows you to hear plenty of details in the bass as they are clean analytical, a real pro tool. The only issue is the usual one with all closed earphones - the (timbre) decay of the highs can be a bit off due to the reverberation within the enclosed cup space. Fortunately the HD25's use very small cups that seem to push this problem a good octave or so higher than most closed headphones. The danger is you may lower the highs too much when monitoring - so you need to be aware of this - of course the 17 db sound proofing means you are miles ahead of open earphones for many applications - including rocking out while working in the library
jecklinsmile.gif

They are EXTREMELY comfortable even if they look like they should not be - you'll notice them being worn by every sportscaster on the planet and most live monitoring road crews..

Aug 30, 2009 at 8:13 AM Post #8 of 9
I wouldn't call the HD595's portable. Go with the HD25-1's .... had mine for 12 years, and i love 'em!

Aug 30, 2009 at 12:34 PM Post #9 of 9
I prefered the hd 595(50 ohm) out of my portable.Compared to the hd 25-1 ii,i liked the hd 595 better because it has sweet highs,and a warmer,more pleasant sound signature,more to my liking.

But this is just my personal preference...Just try to test them and make your own conclusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back