HD 595? Boring. What's next?
Jan 27, 2015 at 11:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

McQueen

New Head-Fier
Help, I need some new cans! I listen to all types of music, but mostly rock. My sources are cheap (phone, PC). My last set of cans was the HD 595 with a decent amp. That turned out to be wasted cash on my ears; I found the HD 595s to be seriously boring. I'm no basshead, but man cannot live on mids alone. Likewise, I'm not a huge fan of heavy V-shaped headphones, I do like SOME mids. 

Can anyone suggest a set of closed cans under $125 (preferably less) that are:
   (1) comfortable for a big-headed, glasses-wearing dork like me,
   (2) fun,
   (3) easy to drive, and
   (4) versatile enough that they won't suck on the occasion I listen to non-rock types of music.

I like the bass tight, and the treble perhaps slightly forward, but not sharp, and I prefer a slightly warm sound. No muddy. No boomy. No sparkly. I don't need tremendous resolution, it would be wasted on my sources.

I recently tried the VOXOA bluetooth headphones and found them to be a bit muddy, and too V-shaped for my tastes. Back to cords, I guess.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Jan 28, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #3 of 7
Takstar Pro 80 (Gemini HSR-1000) closed headphones.

Jan 29, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #5 of 7
Thanks very much for the quick responses. A new set of the Gemini HSR-1000s are on their way tomorrow. I can't wait!

Jan 31, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #6 of 7
OMG, these things are EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thank you, thank you! Amazing for the price. It's the warm, old, glowing-dial, hi-fi sound from when I was a kid!!! I love these cans. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back