HD 590's Sennheiser
Aug 27, 2003 at 2:12 PM Post #16 of 23
Actually. I have thought of a good way to prove, disprove this theory. What should happen is that you audition the cables in the normal way, but rather than just say what they think is better, allowing other people to then agree, they should keep it secret, write it down.

Then compare notes at the end. If you all heard the same thing, then it kinda proves that it has changed in that way. If you all say it changed, but in different ways, then it throws it in doubt.

Me? I believe cables can and do make a difference, and nobody is more sceptical than me, and I'll be the first to admit I am wrong. However, some people make out as if there is more difference than there really is...

Aug 27, 2003 at 4:03 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by pbirkett
Actually. I have thought of a good way to prove, disprove this theory. What should happen is that you audition the cables in the normal way, but rather than just say what they think is better, allowing other people to then agree, they should keep it secret, write it down.

That's exactly what I did with my brothers and friends. We didn't write anything down, but made mental notes.
biggrin.gif

Aug 28, 2003 at 4:48 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

- You know that' s a bunch of B.S. If you really think that way, then what the heck are you doing in the forums. This whole place is about tweaks and mods!

Yeah I know thats why I am here...some tweaks and mods do make a difference.

Quote:

It's not just believing, it's a known fact all cables sound different, just like all speakers sound different. So I guess everyone on this site is wrong about upgraded cables?!

Im not disputing that fact...im saying cables more than $25 have little to no impact on the sound.

Quote:

- Apparently, mine's much better than yours, since I can hear differences in cables and you can not. If you can't hear the difference in cables on your "high res" system, that means that the cables are better quality than the eqipment their hooked up to. In other words, your "high res" equipment is the limiting factor, not the cables!!

*cough* riiight...whatever you say
biggrin.gif
Maybe I should belive my $25 cable is the best in the world...so my eq will be more "high res"
biggrin.gif

Quote:

The best way I have found is:
- use good equipment.
- connect each interconnect to each channel (L/R).
- And swich between channels quickly (not left <--> right but say AUX1 <-> AUX2)
- and have a mono source.

I think this is a better way.

Aug 28, 2003 at 6:32 AM Post #19 of 23
Ctn, just so you know, I'm not going to waist my time with you anymore. Think what you want, and distroy your "high res" system with cheap cables. I really don't care.
rolleyes.gif

Aug 28, 2003 at 7:06 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by Ctn
Listen to a few tube or mosfet amps.

I know a few tube amps, but what about mosfet amps, what are these and what companies make them?

Aug 28, 2003 at 11:43 PM Post #22 of 23
Mosfet is a type of solid state which is warm sounding almost tube like.

You can listent o bipolar based amps as a contrast.

Aug 29, 2003 at 8:57 PM Post #23 of 23
This would be the coolest OVERKILL ever: tube amp with a PC soundcard as a source.
biggrin.gif

Is there a tube amp under a DzNUts specified $200?
Try a CMOY mint (I know it's not a tube amp
tongue.gif
). You can have those for very little and they have a little bit rolled off hights.

I believe that an amp WILL improve the sound quality of PC card, if most of the amplification would be done by the amp and not sound card ("line out" of PC card or "phone out" on low volume)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back