HD-590 @ $179.99
Apr 6, 2002 at 6:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

se7enty7

New Head-Fier
I just purchased the senn HD-590's for $179.99

Truthfully I feel extremely ripped off.
I paid $69.99 for the HD-497's and they were so uncomfortable I literally couldn't wear them. I have now paid $100 more JUST for comfort. That is ridiculous. IMO they sound almost excactly the same. (The HD-590's are not broken in yet)

Ludicris.
If only senn had put the 497's in a better shell.

Apr 6, 2002 at 8:34 PM Post #3 of 8
*hangs his head in shame*

SB Audigy sound card.....

Even after just a few hours of breaking in they sound much better, better than the hd 497's (which I have already returned to circuit city)

Even still, I hate feeling.. I suppose a bit ashamed, at spending so much money on headphones. I truly am not an audiophile. I have a denon avr-2801 w/ matching speakers, but still, arg....

I just need headphones for work, PRIMARYILY comfortable,

I can get the HD-570's for about $70. I am thinking about getting those, as they are comfortable and cheap.

Or I might keep the HD-590's... I dunno yet

Apr 6, 2002 at 8:39 PM Post #4 of 8
Unfortunately, with a source like that, you're going to have to make several jumps in headphones from say, Band C to Band E or higher, IMO.
tongue.gif

Edit: Hey! I used the "Band" ranking system to describe headphones!
tongue.gif
cool.gif

Apr 6, 2002 at 11:39 PM Post #6 of 8
Se7enty7, that's just the topic of another post that I was referring too- Go here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...&threadid=9769

And, by the way, now that I think about it, your HD590's should improve due to burn-in, so if you let them run for a while for a day or two, you should hear improvement. But, seriously, though, you might want to consider getting even a moderately inexpensive Portable CDP- that should make a better source than your soundcard, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back