HD 558 vs DT990 pro with soundcards
Oct 15, 2013 at 1:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DashBerlin

New Head-Fier
Trying to decide between getting the hd558 with an asus xonar dg soundcard or the dt990 pro's with the xonar stx essence.

I mainly will be listening to music such as trance and dubstep along with gaming on it as well, but am wondering if the latter option is worth the extra money considering I'm on a tight budget right now but want really good sound as far as bass and soundstage goes.

Any opinions?

Oct 15, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #2 of 3
For the type of music you listen to this is a clear no brainer. 

DT990/250 Pro's are the clear and easy choice. They'll sound better and give you that extra umph in the bottom end and the soundstage is huge and works great with gaming. I've got a new pair that I was sitting on but turns out I don't need them so if you want a new pair for cheap check out my listing. 

Good Luck!! 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Oct 15, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #3 of 3
  Trying to decide between getting the hd558 with an Asus Xonar DG sound card or the dt990 Pro's with the Xonar STX Essence.

I mainly will be listening to music such as trance and dubstep along with gaming on it as well, but am wondering if the latter option is worth the extra money considering I'm on a tight budget right now but want really good sound as far as bass and soundstage goes.

Any opinions?

Creative Sound Blaster Z (SB1500), $98, with the HD558 ($130).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back