HD 558 or M40x
Nov 24, 2015 at 7:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Hertzio

New Head-Fier
I listen to a lot of electronic music so I don't know if the HD 558 is too slow for it? That's my mayor doubt about them. Thank you all :wink:

Nov 25, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #4 of 11
  So, if I'm into electronic music is it bad to choose an open back headphone? Are them too slow?

Some of the better open headphones (like electrostats) actually have superior transient response / speed. But more often than not, closed headphones excel at things like bass, impact, and energy, which is important in electronic music.

Nov 25, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #9 of 11

That's the problem, here in Colombia we doesn't have a nice store to go and try some nice pair of headphones, the only way I get to them is by shipping them from the US to Colombia, that increases the cost of them a lot, and it's an almost blind purchase for me :/

Nov 25, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #10 of 11
  That's the problem, here in Colombia we doesn't have a nice store to go and try some nice pair of headphones, the only way I get to them is by shipping them from the US to Colombia, that increases the cost of them a lot, and it's an almost blind purchase for me :/

I would recommend the Philips SHP9500 if you want an open headphone without heavy bass around that price range. Also look up the Magick Man mod for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back