HD 558; CMSS-3D / Dolby; Xonar / Creative
May 13, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #16 of 18
Quote:
Frankly, I'm surprised that as far as C-Media-based cards go, Asus gets all the attention and HT Omega doesn't.

They're probably outstanding sound cards, but due to my love for older PC games dependent on EAX 3/4/5 for their sound design, I'm stuck with Creative-based hardware if I want them to sound right. Still, I wonder how well Xear3D works.

Thanks for mentioning HT Omega as doing so reminded me to post a review of my eClaro.

My review likely leaves something to be desired but it's a start.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 14, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #17 of 18
Okay then... thank you all for the awesome replies, but I just need a conclusion now.

Xonar is now totally out of my mind. I get either a Titanium HD or a HT Omega eClaro.

As I'll be focusing on newer games ( I mostly want a good headphone+soundcard to pwn n00bz on FPSs), EAX and CMSS-3D won't be much important. And, from what you guys said, HT Omega series are quite awesome.

Based on what Nameless said, DACs won't be important as the soundcard's inbuilt ones are good.

With a headphone of the HD558's caliber, I don't plan on using another audio source besides it, so what Syrk said about the Titan HD not being able to switch outputs is not really necessary.

Until now, I guess they're somewhat on PAR.

But since I'll be stuck with 7.1 audio, and as hughJ noted that vertical info is mixed by the game; both dolby and CMSS does the trick, so I must know: Quality/clarity wise and such, both are the same or one is better on certain aspects? Btw, how does Xear3D is supposed to work?

I did test some of the samples that Nameless posted on his topic, but since my current 2.1 sound system sucks badly, I can't really conclude anything.

And I promise I'll post on the right topics next time ):

May 15, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #18 of 18

Users who are viewing this thread

Back