HD 465 and 485 worth it?
Jun 30, 2005 at 12:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MuZI

Headphoneus Supremus
A friend of mine is planning on buying one of the new Sennheiser HD 465 and 485 for his girlfriend.

She listens to "queen, metallica, led zeppelin, jimi, also jumpy type of music and the beatles as well...some old school rap also" "vocal reproducation is a high priority"

She loves his HD 555 and she only complained that they were too big on he head, she also has the RS 85 but their not portable outside the house...

What do you guys think?

Jun 30, 2005 at 1:22 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZI
What do you guys think?

Well, uhm... might be a good idea in theory, but have your friend or his girlfriend already seen these Sennheisers in reality? I ask, because the looks from the side are quite alright - but seen from the the front or back, the shape of these Sennheisers seems rather strange and somewhat dorky... In addition, I don't see that much of a difference size-wise.

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Jun 30, 2005 at 1:34 AM Post #3 of 4
the 555 looks bigger than the RS85...I own the RS65 and they arent that large...for big headphones
biggrin.gif

Jun 30, 2005 at 7:18 AM Post #4 of 4
The HD485 is said to be very good with vocals, smooth & rich. Its only characterization being a warm sound according to Headroom. If she loves the 555, she'd probably love the 485 too. The alternative is the EH 350, which is a 'monitor' headphone and so more neutral than the 485, but possibly less pleasing to listen to (?). They're both more 'compact' than the 555, especially the EH 350.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back