HD-424 Pads ?...
Feb 17, 2005 at 7:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Ko Nectic Jazz

100+ Head-Fier
Grado mods concern.

Well I've been looking for HD-414, and when I started the order, I saw in the list of other "interesting products", this item : HD-424 pads

sennheiser_hd424_ohrpolster_pimx_159254.jpg

Does anyone know these pads ? Could it be another possibility for a mod ?
They have it on Senn USA.

Feb 17, 2005 at 7:40 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ko Nectic Jazz
Does anyone know these pads ? Could it be another possibility for a mod ?

The inner diameter measure almost the same and should fit Grados well, if that's what you have in mind. However, the outer diameter is about 1cm larger on each side, making them more out of proportion with the drivers.

Btw, thanks for the link ! =)

Feb 17, 2005 at 8:37 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nak Man
The inner diameter measure almost the same and should fit Grados well, if that's what you have in mind. However, the outer diameter is about 1cm larger on each side, making them more out of proportion with the drivers.

That's what I thought. I asked Sennheiser France if there was a possibility they sell me HD414 pads, and I also asked if the pads could fit on the hd414.
But I was expecting this problem of size.
Thank you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Btw, thanks for the link ! =)

My pleasure !
icon14.gif

Feb 17, 2005 at 10:27 PM Post #4 of 5
I looked around on some 2 yo posts, and I read we need to stretch the pads quite much to fit them on the grado... Is that true ?
Would the extra size of the HD424 not be good to avoid to damage the modded pads ?

Edit : There is a Link

Feb 18, 2005 at 12:12 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ko Nectic Jazz
I looked around on some 2 yo posts, and I read we need to stretch the pads quite much to fit them on the grado... Is that true ?
Would the extra size of the HD424 not be good to avoid to damage the modded pads ?

Yup, the 414 got stretched quite wide I was afraid that mine would get torn apart. However, the inner hole diameter is almost the same for both 414 and 424 pads, so same stretching will take place. The difference is on the overall size / outer diameter of pads. At that price I think you can give them a try, and if they don't look right, I'll buy them for my 424. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back