HD 280PRO short review
Oct 16, 2003 at 2:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

pwrusr

100+ Head-Fier
I can't get over how good these sound. All the typs of music I listen to sound awsome. Rock, Rap, Trance/Hard Trance, Jazz, Classical... all that sounds awsome. Build quilty is indeed fantastic! very well made phones.
I can hear details that I've never heard with my old headphones (sony MDR V600) and these headphones sound soooooooooo much flater and richer then the old sonys. The bass is extremly tight and refined (Bass is barely there with the old sonys), mids are flat and snappy (let's just say the sonys don't compare at all) and highs are VERY clean (the sonys just can't compare to these headphones).

Spent $100 on the sonys when I got them (actually it was a circuit city gift card) and I spent $70 out of my pocket for the senns. Since I got my senns I've only listened to the sonys once just to see the diffrince. The sony's just don't compare!!

Almost forgot to say how well these sennheisers block out sound the specs on their website say 32dB of isolation. That doesn't sound like much, but trust me they block out ALOT of sound. That could be a good thing or a bad thing. For the most part it's good since I don't have to crank the volume up all the way to hear over computer fans ;-D

If you're looking for a set of headphones, buy these!! They are great for everything you could want to do with them (that includes gaming).

10 out of 10
280smile.gif

Oct 16, 2003 at 2:38 AM Post #2 of 14
...and thus it begins. Sorry to hear about you wallet.
280smile.gif

Scott

Oct 16, 2003 at 2:40 AM Post #3 of 14
Also I should add that I'm listening to a great band called "The Music" (music off of their self titled CD). I love the way these headphones sound with this band. gotta say it again. all the music I've heard through these cans sound fantastic!!!!
280smile.gif

Oct 16, 2003 at 2:44 AM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by scottder
...and thus it begins. Sorry to hear about you wallet.
280smile.gif

Scott

But I have will power my friend :wink:
It would be nice to get some other good headphones to add to my growing collection
wink.gif
(ACK! did I just say that
eek.gif
)

Oct 16, 2003 at 2:47 AM Post #5 of 14
I use mine at work with a Sony D-33 and I love every minute of it, things like this make me fall in love with music all over again.

Scott
280smile.gif

Oct 16, 2003 at 3:04 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by scottder
I use mine at work with a Sony D-33 and I love every minute of it, things like this make me fall in love with music all over again.

Scott
280smile.gif

no kidding, listening to music that I haven' heard for a long time is almost like the first time
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2003 at 4:43 AM Post #7 of 14
I think this is the first positive HD-280 thread in a long, long time
280smile.gif

Hooray!

--Chris

Oct 16, 2003 at 5:24 AM Post #8 of 14
Yeps; same here. I went from crappy Sony CD-180's to these, and the difference is like night and day. These just are that much clearer, more detailed, and better in every way, it's amazing. Of course, I'm sure that's true for pretty much any decent can compared to the '180's...
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Almost forgot to say how well these sennheisers block out sound the specs on their website say 32dB of isolation.

Realistically, it's more like 10-15dB of isolation. And it doesn't block all frequencies equally, either. I can carry on a conversation fine with these on, and no music playing, so I'm assuming it doesn't do much to middle frequencies. However, movies sound odd through these, so apparently they block higher and lower frequencies the most.

Quote:

think this is the first positive HD-280 thread in a long, long time

Yeah, people seem to be prejudiced against them. Dunno why; I love mine...

Oct 16, 2003 at 6:11 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by Stephonovich
Realistically, it's more like 10-15dB of isolation. And it doesn't block all frequencies equally, either. I can carry on a conversation fine with these on, and no music playing, so I'm assuming it doesn't do much to middle frequencies. However, movies sound odd through these, so apparently they block higher and lower frequencies the most.

yes, true...
but compared to my old sonys they sound like rifle range muffs
wink.gif

Oct 16, 2003 at 6:12 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by hempcamp
280smile.gif

Hooray!

--Chris

What have I missed in the past month and a half
confused.gif

Oct 16, 2003 at 6:31 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by hempcamp

yeah...the 280 clan doesnt seem to start too many threads...maybe because were all off listening too much
280smile.gif

scottder: if you can get your hands on a D141, i've never heard the 280 sound better out of a portable headphone jack than from this unit. i have a D33 as well, and the D141+280 combo really kills it. didnt really like the amped lineout of the 141 tho...but a moot point if you have the senns.

Oct 16, 2003 at 8:55 AM Post #12 of 14
280smile.gif
Just had to chime in and say that I'm enjoying the hell out of mine right now... Just got done watching "A Man Apart" and now I'm listening to some R&B... I love them... they are the cans I pick up the most often at home.

Oct 16, 2003 at 1:35 PM Post #14 of 14
I'm thinking of replacing the cable on mine, for my use (on my desk in the office) the coil cord just gets all tangled up and gets in the way. Thinking of getting some Canare cable and replacing it.

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back