HD 280 vs HD 555 vs SR 80
Aug 16, 2008 at 8:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Tmacfan4321

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a new set of cans and I am deciding between the HD 280s, the HD 555s, and the SR80s.

I will be using these at home, so Supra-aural cans won't be a big deal. I will be using these to listen to mostly Rock, Hip-hop, and electronic. I am hoping to spend around $100 for these headphones, hence my choices.

Thanks for your time.

Aug 16, 2008 at 10:22 AM Post #2 of 6
HD555 are open which means they let outside noise come in ...

since u r at home HD280 aint so useful for u..

Between HD280 & HD555...HD555 are a much better choice anyday.

I cant comment on SR80's as i ve never tried them

Aug 16, 2008 at 10:42 AM Post #3 of 6
Grados are priced the same everywhere and are fairly easy to find in audio stores. You might want to do a quick google to search for audio stores in your area. Nothing's better than going out and trying it for yourself. If you like it, you can buy it on the spot since you know that the price is the same everywhere.

Aug 16, 2008 at 2:59 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by TDRKZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grados are priced the same everywhere and are fairly easy to find in audio stores. You might want to do a quick google to search for audio stores in your area. Nothing's better than going out and trying it for yourself. If you like it, you can buy it on the spot since you know that the price is the same everywhere.

I'll check that out. I had heard about the price control Grado does, it makes shopping for them easier.

Edit: Would a CMoy benefit any of these headphones enough to warrant a purchase? Are there any other cheap amps out there that are portable?

Aug 16, 2008 at 6:06 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by TDRKZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grados are priced the same everywhere and are fairly easy to find in audio stores.

I believe this applies to USA. In Europe they're exactly 2x more expensive and quite rare (probably due to no marketing).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back