HD 25sp : What's the story?
Jan 1, 2002 at 9:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

steelyglint

New Head-Fier
Getting headphones for a portable and trying to avoid an amp at all costs. I have heard the 25sp work well with a portable on their own, but I tried them and didn't get much volume. Do they improve noticeably in this respect on burn in? Would they be considered a decent choice for a portable? Due to my location my headphone choice is limited.

Thanks.

Jan 1, 2002 at 9:14 PM Post #2 of 5
Um, burning-in isn't going to make them LOUDER I don't think...

Jan 1, 2002 at 9:19 PM Post #3 of 5
I have the 25SPs and use them for portable....hmmm...I don't have any problem with the volume. I shortened the cord and use them primarily because they are so light weight. The only problem I have with them is the bass is kind of mushy.

smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 1, 2002 at 9:33 PM Post #4 of 5
Nope, volume won't significantly change w/ burn-in.

Jan 2, 2002 at 3:31 PM Post #5 of 5
Your headphones won't become louder with burn-in. It is your portable that is probably underpowered (A sony minidisc perhaps?).
So, there are 3 solutions:

1. you find more sensitive cans (but thisone is though if you want to keep the same sound quality)

2. you get a more powerful portable source. (what is yours?)

3. you buy a portable amp. If you just want more gain, there are quite unexpensive solutions, like Boostaroo or Headbanger (the first is very inexpensive but sounds really crappy, the second is more expensive and sounds less crappy). If you want more gain and better sound; then buy a quality portable amp like Porta Corda or Total Airhead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back