hd-25-1 pad mod
May 3, 2008 at 11:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ok computer

100+ Head-Fier
Ok i don't have any pics but, here's how it goes. take the pads (I used pleather) and cut along the perimeter where the base and pleather are stitched together. Take out the foam, wash, dry, put foam back and your done. I did this cause I was bored and didn't have anything better to do with the pads as I just used the velour ones. I find this more comfortable than the velour pads, and can't really say anything about what It does to the sound because I never used the pleather pads stock. The isolation is just as good as the veloour pads if not better. Also it looks kind of odd with floppy leather circles, and it detracts from the stealth factor the hd-25-1s have. If someone (or one of the more experienced members) who uses velour pads and still has the pleathers laying around wants to try this and post some pics that would be great.

May 3, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #2 of 4
just tried with velours. Its even better. Sorry for the lack of pictures, but someone else should try this.

May 4, 2008 at 12:29 AM Post #3 of 4
Will try this with the small AT-SJ5 pads, the AKG K518 pads and the stock HD25 pads tomorrow, and will post pics
smily_headphones1.gif

May 4, 2008 at 2:36 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks. I'd try doing the hd-25 pads first since I don't know anything about the others. Also just to clarify all this mod is doing is cutting along where the the pleather is attached to the base on the outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back